The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) is an essential business providing essential services to the crane industry and has an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team! Since 1995, NCCCO has developed effective performance testing standards for those working in and around load handling equipment, including cranes. NCCCO is the national leader in providing crane operator certification and has been deemed as an essential service. We are committed to quality, integrity, and fairness in testing and have issued certifications in all 50 states. NCCCO has offices in Murray, Utah, Fairfax, Virginia and Palm Harbor, Florida.
NCCCO has an immediate opening for a Program Manager position. The Program Manager work location can be out of one of our 3 offices or a remote location. This position will be a part of the certification team who both maintains existing and builds new premium quality, high-stakes certification examination programs with supporting compliance in our ANSI/ISO 17024 accreditation. This position’s primary responsibility is leading the certification program management team to maintain the existing certification programs. The incumbent will maintain and enhance service quality through retraining, motivating, leading, and coaching; also serves as a technical and operational resource for the work unit and assists in resolving more complex issues and complaints.
The Program Manager position will be a lead in coordinating work assignments and timelines, but also be responsible for working with the certification team to ensure all 12 NCCCO certification programs and the 50+ associated written and performance-based exams are maintained according to the ISO/IEC 17024 Standards and personnel certification industry best practices. Position will report to the Director of Certification and Credentialing.
· Work with the Director of Certification and Credentialing and the Psychometrician to ensure NCCCO’s testing-related policy documents are being implemented throughout the NCCCO organization.
· Work with the certification team to prepare and file ANSI application submissions and responding to inquiries from ANSI and its assessors.
· Establish Committee meeting schedule and ensure logistics are in place and communications are provided to meeting attendees.
· Supervise Project Managers and Certification Administrative Assistant.
· Work with Project Managers to facilitate committee meetings (in-person and virtual), prepare meeting agendas and minutes, and prepare and present reports in accordance with NCCCO’s house style as needed.
· Monitor progress of all ongoing Committee work and action items ensuring that project timelines are met and any changes to policies and procedures are linked back to the Management System.
· Implement the test maintenance plan ensuring that written exams (delivered paper/pencil and CBT) and performance-based exams are refreshed regularly and published successfully in a timely manner.
· Maintain appropriate and accurate records of all activities associated with the test maintenance plan.
· Act as Staff Lead for Exam Management Committees.
· Serve as Account Manager for NWSA
· Maintain security of confidential test, candidate, and vendor information.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
· Familiarity with the exam development process. Understanding job analysis, exam and test item performance statistics, item writing procedures, and standard (cut-score) setting.
· Strong organizational and time management skills to work effectively in a team setting and independently on concurrent processes and projects to meet established goals, deadlines, and quality standards.
· Strong spelling, grammar and proofreading skills, with excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to review/edit collateral program materials for print and web and the ability to make effective presentations to stakeholder groups.
· Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and stakeholders to accomplish NCCCO’s goals and objectives.
· Solid computer software skills, including database, Internet, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with Item Banking systems or Dynamics CRM an advantage.
· Experience in working with committees and SME volunteers.
· Ability to maintain positive attitude under stress.
· Fluency in English (proficiency in Spanish an advantage).
· Willingness and ability to travel (approximately 25%).
Education and/or Experience:
NCCCO is seeking applicants who reflect and understand our values: Quality, Integrity, Fairness, Excellence, Service and Respect. Qualified applicants may possess any combination of education and experience enabling them to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Preferred qualifications are: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred, with a minimum of five (5+) years of work experience in a similar role with a certification organization. A proven record of successfully collaborating in a team and working with subject matter experts is essential. Qualified candidates must have excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving, leadership, and computer-based skills, e.g. experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Also, be a self-starter, able to multi-task with an attention to detail, and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a great sense of professionalism in interpersonal interactions, in both attire and mindset. Experience in nonprofit or association environments is a plus.