A/B is a digital storytelling studio based in NYC creating new narratives about people, power, and social change to transform our politics and the economy. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms.
A/B is looking for a Creative Director with a strong sense of design, story and culture to bring strategy to life that speaks to the intersection of race and politics.
You are a creative visionary who is passionate about the power of brand, design & experience to change the world.
You are seen as a leader to both executive-level clients and internal teams alike. This role will be responsible for inspiring and working with all departments, setting the creative vision for our integrated branding projects and overseeing execution.
You will play a key role in creative development and in creating meaningful, idea-led work.
You’re an integral team member working with our Creative & Strategy teams to develop large-scale, integrated creative platforms. These could include, but aren’t limited to branded content, brand identities, campaigns, video and motion, experiential activations, social campaigns, or a combination of elements.
The AB creative team comprises skilled creative makers across many disciplines.
You will be expected to empower, not micro-manage, those teams to execute the larger creative idea and vision. Experience in leading teams, providing actionable feedback and delegating is a must.
You are a:
- Maker at heart
- Effective communicator
- Seamless collaborator within and across disciplines
- Creative visionary who understands execution
- Skilled presenter
- Lead and ideate on multiple large, complex projects and be a role model for interdisciplinary teams
- Frame and drive a creative vision for a client to fruition
- Orchestrate, nurture and inspire disciplines in the creation of that vision across its varied executions (print, video, digital, experiential, etc)
- Work in tandem with Strategy Partners to navigate complex client problem-solving, and with Project Management to build scopes of work and project plans that properly set our team up for success
- Ideate integrated programs with Strategy and Project Management and execute across key platforms (web, digital, video, social, etc)
- Lead internal and external clients through the creative process, building strategic brand arguments for the creative and upholding the integrity of the idea through production
- Manage the creative development and execution for projects from ideation to pitch presentation to final execution (including presentations, mood boards, storyboards, etc)
- Responsible for identifying and overseeing creative partners to collaborate with (Designers, Artists, Photographers, Directors, etc) and work with our internal talent (Design, Video, Copy) to ideate as necessary
- Work with internal teams on the creative development of AB Brand proprietary content
- Play a pivotal role in bringing value to closing deals and winning business
- Cultivate positive morale and address issues that dampen it
- Able to recruit uncommon talent
- Equally skilled at concepting as executing
- Dynamic presenter, able to engage senior level clients and build a strategic narrative for each creative solution
- Post-secondary graduate, with a degree in design, fine arts (or related field)
- Multifaceted background with 5+ years experience within an agency or creative environment
- A creative thinker who has a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to ideate and execute innovative strategies to support brand initiatives with a focus on branding, campaigns, editorial storytelling and consumer engagement
- Entrepreneurial spirit, using your initiative to proactively come to the table with new ideas to push forward the creative work and develop the client relationship
- A track record of building strong lasting partnerships and foster teamwork that leads to repeated client business
- Strong storytelling, communication, presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in your creative ideation
- Advanced level of proficiency in Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite (including PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and/or After Effects)
- Experience in culture, lifestyle, branding and communications is a must
- Experience with politics, social campaigns, philanthropy, non-profits is a strong asset
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.