A/B is a digital storytelling studio based in NYC creating new narratives about people, power, and social change to transform our politics and the economy. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms.
Research is a critical component of A/B’s strategy for creating compelling and persuasive content across media. Extraordinary creative content cannot be created in a vacuum. It must be grounded in data, existing media and policy narratives, and the actual responses of target audiences to creative content. A key priority for A/B Partners is to continuously improve our research processes and insights and make them ever more directly actionable by creative teams and other partners.
A/B is looking for a Research Strategist able to help drive this mission forward, with a keen ability to turn organizational needs and goals into research inquiries and to use that research to develop actionable insights for clients and internal teams. This person will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and analyzing surveys, interviews, focus groups, and message tests, analyzing and presenting public and proprietary data, and synthesizing outside research for A/B projects.
You are curious about the world and know how to direct that curiosity in productive directions to develop insights that lead to better storytelling, design, and creative directions.
You will play a key role in understanding client and internal team goals, developing and executing research agendas, and applying research insights to client projects. You’re an integral member of the Research team working to develop data-driven, grounded campaigns and client products.
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders to design and execute project research agendas that lead to actionable insights
- Design, implement, and analyze message tests conducted on A/B’s proprietary message testing platform
- Conduct descriptive and statistical data analysis on public and proprietary datasets, including message test results
- Write research reports on message tests and other subjects that translate results for internal stakeholders, including strategists and creatives, and for clients
- Write messages and surveys for message testing, and manage and execute implementation of message tests
- Develop insights from social media data
- Design and execute project research agendas, including producing documents with actionable insights for internal and external audiences
- Develop relationships of value and respect with the client and internal teams, leading client interactions on research projects
- Help the agency develop a strong and positive relationship with the wider media research community
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends
- Conduct data analysis in Python and R
- Ability to conduct data analysis in R and Python
- Experience in survey & RCT design and analysis
- Multifaceted background with 3+ years research or data analytics experience
- Strong experience developing and communicating actionable research insights to creative or other teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit, using your initiative to proactively come to the table with new ideas to push forward research into new and productive areas and develop client relationships
- Ability to organize information into a coherent and compelling narrative
- Going beyond the executional or tactical tasks and develop broader research insights that work across clients or industries
- Team player mentality with positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit, who works well with others
- Time management expert, ability to hit deadlines and be on time for meetings, while juggling multiple projects
- Contribute to the culture of the agency and take part in activities that foster the agency spirit
- Experience with politics, social campaigns, philanthropy, non-profits is an asset
- Undergraduate degree
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.