We are joining a professional communications industry that, for far too long, has focused on expanding the influence of the powerful while systematically excluding diverse voices. At A/B we are writing a new story. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms. We are here to find new ways into the headlines and to move people toward the values that will accelerate transformative shifts in policy and human understanding.
We do this by understanding the two sides of every story: A and B. The A story is the story we can see, the news cycle we can influence. The B story is mostly invisible, but powerful. It’s driven by the unwritten rules and power dynamics that shape people’s beliefs, behaviors and values. Social and political change requires us to tackle both stories, to win the conversation but also to focus it on promoting new values and attacking the silent assumption that who we are should dictate our ability to live up to our full potential.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial talent to help build A/B from the ground up.
We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis. All roles will be based in New York City, but can be remote for the right candidate.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Strategist to lead engagements that grow the impact and influence of some of the world’s leading organizations and changemakers across a range of print, online and social channels. The Strategist will combine a deep understanding of how campaigns and movements build power with best-in-class knowledge of traditional and emerging media and communications platforms. They will work with an interdisciplinary team of communicators and strategists to deliver work that is consistently creative, strategic, and wins real victories for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years of strategic experience working on campaigns in a campaign, creative, digital agency or related environment
- An understanding of at least one of the core tenets of movement building and political campaigns: campaign strategy, constituency building, branding, and/or core narrative development
- A working knowledge of key political issues in the news cycle
- A successful track record of developing paid, earned, and owned media tactics and analyzing results to improve campaign performance
- Organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of multi-channel campaigns
- Solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to clients and internal teams
- Ability to own and deliver small-scale projects
The Strategist will have overall responsibility for day-to-day problem-solving and execution on moderate complexity engagements. In this role, you will:
- Lead and collaborate with teams in creation and presentation of tactical recommendations, strategies and actions that reach program goals for clients
- Create and execute plans efficiently for campaign content, recommending content types and organization based on client needs and goals
- Analyze data and relevant communications channels to provide insight about narrative and campaign strategy
- Conduct online media, influencer and partnership outreach and provide recommendations on how best to leverage opportunities for our clients
- Monitor the latest trends in campaign strategy, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services
- Compile data across several social media platforms and create weekly / monthly reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations, and future strategy development
- Monitor all strategic activity and communicate the status of each project to team members and clients in order to meet project deadlines
The salary band for this role starts at $70,000 annually, as well as a bonus structure for business development, and will be commensurate with experience.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry.
Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.