Associate Registrar (Part-Time)
This position reports directly to the Registrar
The registrar facilitates the administration of the school’s educational work by maintaining the school’s educational records (e.g. consortial course filing, transcripts, and grades) and overseeing the school’s registration processes. The role functions as a member of the educational working group.
The associate registrar assists the registrar and acts as primary point of contact for some key processes. The associate registrar acts as a liaison for work that includes the Offices of the Registrar, Dean of Faculty, Student Accounts, and Dean of Students.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, remote position for 16 hours a week on average. Required hours during student enrollment and course registration periods may increase up to 24 hours a week.
Starr King School for the Ministry (SKSM) is a member school of the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California and partner with Mills College in Oakland. SKSM educates a diverse and multi-religious student body for Unitarian Universalist ministry, counter oppressive social justice work, and liberative, multi-religious leadership. SKSM is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responds to student, staff, and faculty inquiries in a timely and consistent manner
· Creates, coordinates, and updates information in Moodle and Populi to maintain accurate records for students, advisors, and courses as directed by Registrar and other Management Team members
· Manages grade and transcript processing; coordinates academic information for graduation clearance; supports special student enrollments; compiles data and prepares reports
· Participates in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning
· Assists registrar in creation of yearly student handbook
· Regularly collaborates with Registrar, Dean’s Office, and other Offices as needed
· Generates library cards for students, faculty and staff as needed
· Processes academic and employment verification request
· Filing, copying, faxing, and scanning
· Performs other role-related duties as assigned
· Ability to appropriately handle sensitive, confidential, and detailed information
· Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Proficiency in MS Office Suites and Adobe Acrobat Pro
· Experience working with online databases (Student Information Systems is a plus)
· Ability to periodically work out of Oakland office as needed.
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries with board, staff, faculty, students, donors, and other constituents
EXPECTED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills and time management
· Willingness to work in a diverse, social justice focused environment and in interfaith context
· Ability to answer e-mails and requests in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner
· Ability to prioritize tasks, follow through, and meet deadlines on paperwork and projects
· Self-directed, able to navigate through SKSM Handbooks, manuals, and website for direction on processes and guidelines
· Ability to support and maintain data integrity within and across systems
· Proactive problem-solving skills
· Orientation towards collaborative and cross-functional team environment
· Ability and willingness to listen to and incorporate feedback from supervisor in daily work
· Ability and willingness to discern when it is appropriate to request input to supervisor
· Ability to represent SKSM appropriately with prospective students, donors, colleagues in our larger consortium, the Graduate Theological Union, and general public
Experience in a responsible administrative position required, experience in higher education administration highly valued.