At GridUnity we are helping transform the world’s energy supply chain by accelerating the integration of distributed energy resources. We do this by providing pioneering software-as-a-service analytics solutions to utilities, renewable energy developers, and households joining the grid with self-generation and storage.
Our advanced System-of-Systems platform combines predictive analytics, machine learning, configurable business processes and cloud computing to deliver enterprise software applications with the flexibility to evolve with the world’s changing energy model.
About GridUnity Engineering
If you want to make a tangible difference in the exploding field of predictive analytics, or help reshape the electric grids to better support solar, electric vehicles, wind resources and other new groundbreaking technologies, consider joining our team of innovative engineers. Together, we have created easy-to-use software to help transform the world’s energy supply chain by solving thorny new problems from the accelerating integration of distributed energy resources. Our customers love working with us and enjoy using our software because we listen well and we turn knowledge into action.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End engineer who has the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Take lead on interesting technical challenges
- Ensure feasibility of designs
- Develop new user-facing features
- Write efficient and reusable code
- Collaborate with other team members
- Participate in code reviews
- Comply with company’s security guidelines
- Provide troubleshooting support
Required Skills, Qualifications and Competencies
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- 10 years prior programming experience
- Experience with modern frontend ecosystem (npm) and tooling
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (Vue, React)
- Experience with module bundlers (webpack or similar)
- Experience with HTML 5, CSS 3 and preprocessors (Sass or Less)
- Knowledge of good coding standards (clarity, security, performance)
- Knowledge of web standards and best practices
- Knowledge of modular component architecture
- Experience with accessibility requirements & solutions
- Solid understanding of software deployment pipeline (source control, CI, investigating builds)
- Attention to detail
- Can provide code samples and/or portfolio of previous work
- Understanding and applying rigorous testing techniques is expected
- Desire and ability to adapt to changing priorities, new challenges and different technologies
We are a top-notch team of perpetually curious lifelong learners leveling up our customers’ options for solving complex problems. We build innovative energy software products that introduce fresh perspectives to our customers.
Everyone’s voice matters in the GridUnity-verse. Mutual trust and respect are paramount. Integrity is assumed. Diversity of thought strengthens us. Ego is healthy; yet humility is what keeps us learning. Having fun is never forgotten.
Charting new territory means we must listen well to our customers and to each other. Disagreements illuminate opportunity. Reaching agreement is sometimes hard, but the rewards are often great. We actively seek a diversity of thought and experience on our team. Join us and make an impact on one of the most important challenges of the 21st century: climate change.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Stock options
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Generous vacation plan
- Open work environment
- Great engineering culture
399 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116