Content Strategist - Investment Newsletters
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are the world’s biggest business media brand and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most-popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google. In short, we have a big platform and we use it responsibly.
Forbes Investment Newsletters is adding a new role to our team: a Content Strategist that will actively partner with editors, writers and marketers to help drive quality, innovation and growth. Along with a strong understanding of financial publishing, markets and investing, we seek a teammate with excellent communication, writing and editing skills; a keen eye for timely content that will capture investors’ attention; and a demonstrated an ability to evaluate and improve editorial content. We’re looking for individuals who are self-starters, detail-oriented, adaptable and able to handle numerous projects at once. An interest in audience engagement across various platforms such as email and social media will be a plus.
- Cultivating relationships with the investment experts who create the newsletters to provide coaching and guidance to ensure quality products that consistently align with the brand promise; to monitor portfolio performance; and to envision product extensions and new opportunities.
- Collaborating with Forbes’ Money and Markets Editorial team and Consumer Marketing team to identify opportunities for integration, new product development and cross-promotion.
- Identifying and repackaging investing-oriented content that can be leveraged into timely, articles, special reports and marketing campaigns.
- Participating in the ideation and creation of unique content in formats such as video, audio, webcasts and transcripts, infographics, and investment tools.
- Contributing to the editing and production of premium investment newsletters, special reports and e-letters as needed.
- Copy editing and proofreading marketing copy as needed.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in investment-focused publishing.
- Strong understanding of financial markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or economics.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Accomplished team player.