Field Applications Specialist
Hamilton Company is a global enterprise headquartered in Reno, Nevada with manufacturing facilities in Reno, Boston and Bonaduz, Switzerland. Branch sales offices are located in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
We are the worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for precision fluid measuring. For over 56 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring device we manufacture.
Provide application and technical support to customers for Hamilton products. Act as a technical liaison between customers and Hamilton Sales team to meet and maintain customer needs. Operate within a designated territory and provide onsite and remote customer support. Develop advanced application protocols and provide support for complex instrumentation. Provide technical support and training for Hamilton Sales and Applications team. This position will be based in the Cincinnati, Ohio area.
- Develop application-specific protocols on Hamilton products by interpreting procedures provided by the customer or Hamilton Sales team.
- Perform troubleshooting of application protocols and instrumentation.
- Optimize liquid handling performance of instrumentation.
- Provide basic and advanced software and hardware training. Develop and deliver training material for Hamilton Sales and Applications team.
- Develop application-specific protocols for complex automated instrumentation, which require integration with third party devices.
- Demonstrate usage of advanced programming skills and software functions to control instrumentation.
- Participate and contribute on instrumentation which requires Factory and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Contribute to company knowledge base.
- Maintain support for existing customers by providing additional application protocols, training, etc.
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly.
- Document application support work and customer visits within a company database or other required format.
- Work independently and make intelligent decisions based on experience and knowledge.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers and co-workers.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must have good planning and customer relationship skills.
- Must have good presentation and communication skills.
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally. Requires flexibility in working hours and availability for up to 75% travel.
- Must have good knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision.
- Must have knowledge of software for Hamilton products.
Education And Experience
- Must have a bachelor's degree in science, preferably in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other related sciences.
- Must have 2 plus years of experience in using laboratory automation or scientific applications.
- Experience with programming or operating automated laboratory scientific equipment is required.
- Experience programming complex applications is desired.
- Experience with programming languages and computer knowledge is desired.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects.
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Commitment to sustainable design.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more)
- Solid Stable Company.
- Drug free workplace.
Learn more about us @: www.hamiltoncompany.com
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Show moreShow less