Senior Designer (IxD)
Who We Are At ZenBusiness
We’re a trusted partner for small business owners that want a solution to the challenges of starting, running, and growing a business. We use technology and automation to provide fast and low-cost services, expert support, and a personalized dashboard that puts everything small business owners need at their fingertips. We are an Austin-based start-up that is excited about helping other entrepreneurs and business owners realize their dream of creating and growing a successful business. In doing so, we hope to radically shift the business landscape by empowering more people to be their own boss and become financially independent.
Being part of ZenBusiness means being part of a community of problem-solvers, doers and strategic thinkers. We offer our employees flexible work schedules, paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, disability insurance and weekly virtual social events. We are a fully remote Texas-based company with team members in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Illinois and Oregon.
What This Role Is
We are looking for an interaction designer to join our existing design team (Check out some of our team’s work here:) and help shape the future of ZenBusiness. In this role you will be responsible for interaction design and interface motion design within the product as well as testing, and integrating user feedback into our products. You will be responsible for increasing the usability and design fluidity of the existing product. You will have access to work with all disciplines across the company including designers, researchers, product managers, developers, marketing, and sales. At ZenBusiness we embrace a collaborative work environment.
A successful candidate will have a strong interaction design portfolio that showcases:
(Please ensure your portfolio is public or the page access password is included in your application)
- Several projects that show a mastery of design concepts
- Use of words, images, actions, objects and time in projects to better communicate interactions as well as set and meet user expectations
- The use of motion to provide users with feedback or additional information
- Providing additional visibility to key features in a project utilizing interaction focused design principles
- Strong examples of interface designs that contain motion
- Strong validation of design decisions
- Improve the product with delightful, user tested interactions and experiences
- Building and organization of the ZenBusiness design system in Figma and other applications
- Icon creation and animation
- Creation and iteration of Figma library components
- Help to define and iterate our component library in Storybook and Figma
- Assist in design thinking workshops with partner stakeholders and users
- Creating interactive prototypes
- User Research and Feedback using tools such as Fullstory, surveys, and online interviews
- Ability to create, deliver, and present user research findings to fellow designers as well as key stakeholders
- Experience designing user interactions for complex, interactive web and mobile applications.
- Fluency in best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design.
- Experience using analytics and data to inform design decisions and improve products iteratively.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Ability to rapidly visualize and prototype concepts.
- Exceptional creativity and willingness to push the boundaries of interaction design.
- BA/BS degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with the full life cycle of digital product experiences.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, product designers and experience working with collaborators across time zones.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Solid IxD and UX skills, with the ability to iterate through conceptual ideas and effectively communicate conceptualizations using sketches, storyboards, wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, data visualizations, and/or storyboards.
- Familiarity with planning and facilitating user research and usability tests
- Familiarity with creating designs, from concept through prototyping, with the following programs and technologies –
- Design Tools
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Including but not limited to: Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Principle or similar product
- General Office Tools
- Mac Computers
- Google Drive apps
- Google Hangouts
- MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field
- Ability to identify additional design tool needs for interaction design projects
- 5+ years of interaction design experience
- Interest in our brand and mission
- Component implementation experience
- Experience utilizing Lottie