Marketing Communications Coordinator
WCL is looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator…could that be you?
Please read below and apply today!
WCL is on a mission to equalize gender imbalance in the workplace. We exist to help women realize their full leadership potential and further an inclusive community committed to equity. Our vision is to become the premier NW Women’s organization by partnering with individuals, companies, communities, and non-profits to develop equitable and inclusive leadership teams that reflect our community, our values, and our potential. It’s a big goal, and one that takes a community to advance. As one critical building block to achieving our mission and vision, we’re looking to bring a savvy, scrappy, creative, do-gooder marketer to help advance our organization. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll consider joining our team.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will support a wide variety of digital communications, marketing, and design projects. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will lend valuable support on the implementation of (WCL) brand and digital presence, maintaining a consistent voice on social media and producing event and programming marcom material to drive new memberships, event attendees, and community awareness.
● Integral in the content development and programming promotion for WCL’s calendar of events
● Assist with the development of various written materials including website content, email marketing, event abstracts, and member correspondence
● Publish events on WCL website (WordPress) and third-party advertising sites (Eventbrite)
● Coordinate member communications and maintain distribution lists utilizing email marketing software (Mailchimp)
● Maintain consistent presence on social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in collaboration with our Social Media Director
● Review and respond to WCL inquiries via email, social media, etc. as required
● Support planning and coordination of digital and/or live events
● Actively follow, track, and stay current on news/issues that impact the work and mission of WCL
● Assist the Director of Programming to coordinate the execution of programs
● This is a 20-25 hour / week contract position. This project requires a 12- to 18-month commitment.
● $20 – 25 / hour based on experience.
● Excellent ability to write for various channels and platforms with a consistent voice
● Experience with digital marketing tools such as Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Zoom; WordPress experience a plus
● Experience producing digital content and creative assets
● Experience gathering and creating content for social media; experience supporting social media campaigns a plus
● Excellent interpersonal skills, organization, and problem-solving skills
● Strong passion for gender equality and social justice
● Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office and Google Drive. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus