Program Operations Strategic Project Consultant
Matriculate’s mission is to empower high-achieving high school students from low-income backgrounds to make the leap to our nation’s top colleges. Our vision is that one day all the best students in America will have access to and be supported at top colleges—regardless of their income or background—which will give them a unique opportunity to change the trajectory of their lives and the lives of their families.
Matriculate empowers teams of undergraduates to provide free virtual college advising to high-achieving high school juniors and seniors from low-income backgrounds. Equipped with more than 50 hours of training, undergraduate Advising Fellows provide the information, guidance, and support that these high school students need to apply to, gain admission at, and excel in the best institutions. Matriculate is working to build an America in which all talented students have a fair shot at top colleges and universities long reserved primarily for the elite.
Over the next three years, we will aim to take Matriculate’s scale and impact to the next level and position Matriculate to serve the majority of high-achieving, low-income students across the country. To be successful at this, it is essential that we automate our systems in support of our staff and students. This will include establishing a best-in-class content management system that consolidates data across our program, allows for partnership cultivation, systems for managing and evaluating our work with student groups from intake to engagement and impact at scale, as well as management of our development and partnership pipelines and processes.
SCOPE OF WORK
We seek to fill a full-time, temporary role (with potential for more permanent full-time position in future) to lead our team in:
Program Operations, Impact Measurement and Improvement
- Design, implement and sustain internal systems and processes to drive efficiency, effectiveness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Lead the development, implementation and management of a transition from existing Matriculate systems to Salesforce with an eye towards strategy, ease of use, adoptability, comprehensive record keeping, consistency and sustainability
- Manage external Salesforce consulting partner and ensure successful progression through their scope of work resulting in top-notch program systems
- In partnership with the Program team, develop tools and delivery systems for program assessments including advising skills evaluation, content test, formative, and summative evaluations and program engagement including Alumni platform, curriculum and online training system
- Lead data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Support program team’s analysis and application of program data aligned with our learning agenda to inform better practice
- Oversee the implementation of Matriculate’s evaluation activities including data collection systems and activities related to program evaluation and measurement
- Oversee communications and preparation of all data collection, summary reports and evaluation updates for senior leadership, board of directors, and staff
- Lead team to develop a long-term and results-oriented mindset and user-focused approach
- Directly manage staff on the program operations team, currently 1 manager and 1 intern
- Manage program operations budget and guide resource allocation decisions to achieve program goals
WORK TRAVEL AND LOCATION
This is a 30-40 hour per week, hourly temporary position (projected at 6 month engagement). This position is remote with potential to meet at Matriculate’s office in NYC if open.
- A bachelor’s degree, with 3-5 years’ professional experience
- Salesforce NPSP experience required (as a user or admin)
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all
upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- A deep commitment to Matriculate’s mission
- Familiarity with Zapier, Airtable and Google Suite a plus
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and meticulous attention to details
- High degree of personal initiative in problem solving, learning, growth, and reflection
- Desire and ability to meet aggressive strategic goals, work independently and
thrive within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and growing organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources,
reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up
from low-level information to general understanding, and distinguish user
requests from underlying true needs
- Command of remote communication methods, including Google Hangouts and Zoom
- Excellent writing/editing skills and verbal communication
OUR DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (DEI) PHILOSOPHY
Matriculate is committed to partnering with communities of staff, high school students, and undergraduate Advising Fellows to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We seek to build a team that is active in contributing to advancing and sustaining a culture in which all lived experiences are welcome.
Matriculate is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Matriculate does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.