Director, Finance and Administration
The Director of Finance and Administration reports to the Executive Director, and this position will define and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth as the foundation moves into planning for the decade. This position will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative and financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, human resources and physical infrastructure. The Director, Finance + Administration, will partner with the Executive Director on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes – including HR, payroll, and benefits functions – with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
About Born This Way Foundation
Led by Lady Gaga and her mother Cynthia Germanotta, Born This Way Foundation was founded in 2012 to support the wellness of young people and empower them to create a kinder and braver world. To achieve these goals, Born This Way Foundation leverages rigorous academic research and authentic partnerships in order to provide young people with kinder communities, improved mental health resources, more positive climates – online and offline.
Role + Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and financial support to the delivery of the foundation's services and mission.
- Develop and implement an administrative and finance manual to guide the organization's work in compliance with regulating laws, generally accepted procedures (GAAP), and other governing bodies - including the board of directors and Executive Director.
- Understand and advise on liability and legal issues the foundation may face within its administrative and financial functions, this includes liability insurance, workers compensation policy and insurance, D&O insurance and policies, and other legal representation of the agency.
- In coordinate with the foundation's management firm, provide support to the people systems of the foundation.
- Serve as a support role for the Executive Director in the administration and financial management of the foundation.
- Review and approve monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics from Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration and existing programs.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
Experience + Qualifications
The Director of Finance and Administration will have at least five-to-eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of a high-growth organizations (preference given to non-profit experience). They will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial organization.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the non-profit sector
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Interest in and comfort with working with young people a must, including the ability to make youth feel engaged and empowered
- Willingness to take initiative and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Personal qualities of integrity and a commitment to Born This Way Foundation’s mission