Position Title: Development Assistant
Organization: Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles (JBBBSLA)
Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles (JBBBSLA) is currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Development Assistant, who will play a key role in helping the agency reach its fundraising goals. The Development Assistant engages directly with donors, volunteers, and board members. This job requires exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple responsibilities, strong verbal communication skills, and acute attention to detail.
· Manage the Raiser’s Edge NXT database including gift processing and batching, acknowledgement letters, invoices, etc.
· Coordinate communications with donors for project-specific mailings, by creating mailing lists, interfacing with printer and mail house, and ensuring proper completion and delivery of mailings.
· Answer phones for agency main line and donation calls.
· Create online donation forms.
· Process online donations.
· Create email communications using Constant Contact or equivalent.
· Regular updates and clean-up projects related to the database.
· Assist in the production and solicitations associated with all major fundraising events – gala, golf tournament, and brunch.
· Work together with other members of the Development Team to brainstorm new ideas, research new prospects, and support all fundraising activities of the agency.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working as an assistant or other support role.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or another CRM database required.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Positive attitude for customer service and interaction with donors, board members and volunteers.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities successfully.
- Personal commitment to the mission and values of the organization. Passionate about helping children in Los Angeles.
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Tina Scozzaro: