Human Resources Manager
For over 30 years, Rainforest Trust has been safeguarding imperiled tropical habitats and saving endangered species by establishing protected areas in partnership with local organizations and communities. We are looking for a qualified human resources professional who is passionate about conservation and our planet and wants to use their experience as a part-time HR Manager to join our team and help make an impact across the globe.
As the HR Manager for Rainforest Trust, you will work closely with senior management and be responsible for supporting employees, management, and leadership to ensure consistent administration and compliance of HR programs, policies, and practices throughout the organization, and enable the success of developing new policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and supporting Rainforest Trust’s staff recruitment systems.
- Reviewing, revising and helping implement our compensation strategy.
- Revising performance management system to establish appropriate performance measurements to track progress toward achievement of goals.
- Coordinating development and implementation of a comprehensive staff development and training program.
- Interpreting Human Resources policies and procedures ensuring consistent administration throughout the organization and compliance with applicable state, federal, and agency laws.
- Supporting and resolving conflict resolution, issues and concerns for employees and all levels of management.
- Working closely with Rainforest Trust’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and participating in developing and implementing DE&I policies and programs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To be seriously considered for this position please have the following in regards to:
● At least 5 years HR experience.
● BS in Business Administration/HR Management or equivalent experience.
● You must be a strong decision maker who can proactively problem solve. You must also have in-depth knowledge of Human Resources Policy and Employee Relations (preferably in a non-profit setting) and experience developing and implementing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policies and programs.
● This position requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, discretion and sensitivity in handling confidential information and the ability to deal effectively, diplomatically and honestly with all levels of management and staff organization-wide.
Licenses and Certifications
PHR, SHRM-CCP preferred.
Position is part-time at 20-25 hours per week, and will be remote until at least the end of 2020; in the future, may require presence in the office one day per week.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Rainforest Trust is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity. Our organization recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals, as well as administers any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.