Oakland Promise seeks a detail-oriented development manager with excellent organizational, communication, and systems management skills and a passion for expanding opportunities for Oakland children and families to join its growing team. The Development Manager will be a part of an innovative development team tasked with raising the annual budget of around $12 million as well as other ongoing fundraising campaigns. The team works across the organization to ensure that the organization is sustainable in the short- and long-term.
Duties & Responsibilities
▪ Manage individual giving strategy and stewardship, including creating impact reports, leading the End of Year Giving campaign and monitoring multi-year giving.
▪ Monitor and manage restricted giving, working across programs.
▪ Act as the primary manager for a comprehensive custom donor database, ensuring that records are accurately kept.
▪ Serve as a primary liaison to institutional funders, especially during proposal development and reporting.
▪ Support the OP’s portfolio of existing and prospective institutional funders, including foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
▪ Identify new potential institutional funders through prospect research in target markets.
▪ Assist the Director of Development, CEO, and other fundraising partners in creating and implementing overall institutional fundraising strategies.
▪ Assist in the creation of marketing materials, including annual direct mail campaign and annual report as needed.
▪ Plan and execute funder site visits as needed.
▪ Manage the OP’s donor recognition, retention, and stewardship plan.
▪ Support event planning and execution.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising
● Exceptional organization and communications skills
● Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines required
● Deep commitment to and passion for the vision of the Oakland Promise: to engage the Oakland community to advance equity and economic mobility through cradle-to-career educational opportunities
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
● Proficient with Salesforce Databases
● Proficient with Google Suite tools
● Strong self-motivation and ability to operate effectively with limited direct management
● Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations
● Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
● Experience in the fields of education or college access
● Knowledge of and connections to Oakland communities
● Experience leading individual giving strategies