About California Volunteers:
California Volunteers, Office of the Governor is the state office tasked with engaging Californians in service, volunteering and civic action to tackle our state’s most pressing challenges while lifting up all communities.
From the California Climate Action Corps, the country’s first statewide climate corps program, to the #CaliforniansForAll service initiative launched in response to COVID-19 to establish a volunteer corps to support the state’s response to emergencies and disasters, California Volunteers plays an integral role in tackling the state’s problems.
Led by the state’s Chief Service Officer, Josh Fryday, California Volunteers is supported by a bipartisan 25-member Commission and a team of experts driven by a mission to empower and mobilize all Californians to volunteer and serve in their communities.
The Email Manager, under the leadership of the Digital Infrastructure Officer, oversees email campaign management. The Email Manager will support the development of content for email messaging campaigns, working closely with the entire Digital Infrastructure team, the Communications Department, and the Chief Service Officer on the messages for campaigns. These email messaging campaigns will support volunteer engagement, infrastructure development, and service opportunities.
35% Email Campaign Management
· Oversee the development of messaging for email campaigns.
· Coordinate with the Chief Service Officer, the Communications Department, and other staff (when applicable) on different initiatives around service and volunteerism that can be shared through the email messaging system/platform.
· Develop email messaging and test and deploy the messaging/content to California Volunteers various stakeholders and listservs.
· Drive engagement to California Volunteers website and initiatives through a digital and communications strategy, developed in partnership with other staff/departments.
35% Communications List Management and Oversight
· Ensure California Volunteers’ outreach and communications list is up-to-date and reflects the current list of subscribers and stakeholders.
· Coordinate, track, compile, and analyze data and reports pertaining to user interactions through email messaging and overall email campaigns.
· Provide suggestions to improve and further engage with stakeholders through email campaigns.
20% Maintenance of Email Messaging Platforms
· With the entire Digital Infrastructure team, assist with the development and maintenance of digital platforms that support the email messaging campaigns.
· Develop processes and recommendations to improve the functionality of various digital platforms.
10% Special Projects
· Support special projects as they arise, specifically related to the digital infrastructure, campaigns, and messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in the volunteer management field.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, particularly those that are high-profile and time-sensitive.
- Excellent working knowledge of the volunteer field, best practices, and key partners.
- Experience developing and maintaining complex partnerships.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally and work an irregular and sometimes demanding schedule.