Special Events Intern
Mindset Alpha (MA) is a tech startup looking for strong storytellers and content creators to join the fast-paced team. You will work remotely to generate stories focused on college and corporate women, social justice, allies and advocates.
Mindset Alpha is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek diverse voices and perspectives.
This Special Events Intern will focus on multiple types of events within the Mindset Alpha framework. The Special Events Intern will learn the ins and outs of the event coordination while working hands on with Mindset Alpha Team. Additionally, they will be working closely with leadership, marketing and content teams to help with tasks and develop an understanding of the event coordination process.
- Interns will gain hands on experience in the field of event coordinating
- Become comfortable working in a professional business environment
- Gain industry business knowledge while providing a valuable learning experience
- Learn various project management skills through short-term projects and assignments as requested
- Networking opportunities with business professionals
- Intern will receive academic credit for this position if applicable to their education institution
- Letter of recommendation and Certificate of Completion upon satisfactory completion of the internship
- Plan, organize, coordinate and facilitate various types of events in coordination with Mindset Alpha’s mission and objectives
- Organizing brainstorming sessions between cross-functional teams to develop strategy and creative ideas for future events
- Confirming what is expected for the event from start to finish
- Pre & Post Event Data entry utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and leadership reports
- Plan and execute event marketing strategies in coordination with Marketing and Content Creation Teams
- Understand overall company mission, it’s offerings and customer to best compliment the goals of the organization
- Research current trends and innovations to recommend the best event related strategies for the future
- Passionate about D&I initiatives, especially supporting gender equality and allyship in the workplace
- Ability to work independently — this is a remote internship in which we communicate primarily through Mindset Alpha’s communication platform, calls, and emails
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; detail-oriented and creative
- Ability to multi-task and turn around content with hard, and sometimes last-minute, deadlines
- (Not required) Completing undergraduate degree in Marketing, Event Planning, Hospitality, Communications and demonstrated interest
- Interns will also collaborate with wider team to determine passion projects and assist with webinar initiatives
- Typical commitment is fifteen (15) hours per week
- Must be willing to attend meetings and/or events during evening and weekend hours, as required
- This is an unpaid internship, Interns will receive academic credit for this position if applicable to their education institution
- This internship and its requirements shall not be construed to constitute or guarantee permanent employment, a partnership, joint venture, or other similar relationship between the Parties.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by interns within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of interns assigned to this job.
Send your resume and 1-page cover letter to us at email@example.comShow moreShow less