Collections Information and Digital Asset Manager
The Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust seeks a qualified and motivated candidate for the position of Collections Information and Digital Asset Manager. The Collections Information and Digital Asset Manager is a mid-career position, which will work collaboratively with the Director of Registration and Exhibitions and Gallery Systems to migrate the Collections and Exhibitions data from Mimsy to TMS Collections, and implement TMS Media Studio and eMuseum. They will work closely with various departments within the Museum including Marketing & Communications and Education.
- Collaborate with the Director of Registration and Exhibitions in planning for the acquisition of the Gallery Systems suite including The Museum System (TMS), Media Studio and eMuseum.
- Collaborate with Gallery Systems migration specialists to ensure careful and expedient transfer of data.
- Provide crucial support of the new Collections and Digital Asset Management Systems including forward facing components – from implementation through to day to day support.
- Collaborate with the Museum’s IT Department and Collections Project Manager to organize network image folders and update TMS media records to support broad alignment of media content across all Gallery Systems platforms.
- Coordinate with Marketing & Communications staff to implement eMuseum online collections portal.
- Develop and oversee workflow for web publication of object records to eMuseum online collections portal in cooperation with Collections Project Manager and other stakeholders.
- Write and customize Crystal Reports.
- Train users in functionality and best practice.
- Create instructional documentation / training manuals.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance with search, navigation and reporting issues.
- Manage authorities.
- Monitor data entry, ensure data integrity through review of audit reports.
- Perform data entry and clean-up as needed.
- M.A. in Museum Studies, Art History, History, Library/Information Studies or related fields or comparable work experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience with TMS and Crystal Reports.
- Proven expertise with Gallery Systems products – The Museum System (TMS), Media Studio and eMuseum. Implementation and migration experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Mimsy preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with documentation standards and digital asset management standards.
- Excellent training and interpersonal skills, with a focus on creating a user friendly and approachable experience.
- Strong organizational, research/interpretive/analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to thrive in a tight knit team and while working independently.
- The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain discretion related to confidential or sensitive materials.
- Working knowledge of relevant foreign language(s) not required but a bonus. (Polish, German, Russian, Hebrew, French, Yiddish, etc.)
- The successful candidate will expect to work onsite. (Limited/occasional telecommuting arrangements may be considered.)
Position reports to: Director of Registration and Exhibitions
The Museum of Jewish Heritage is an equal opportunity employer. As a cultural institution that teaches about the dangers of intolerance, the Museum is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in its hiring practices.