About the Position
The Development Associate will support the Vice President of Development and the department team’s focus on fundraising and implementing the Foundation’s Just East Bay mission and strategies. Development activities include cultivating and stewarding donors and fund holders, and working closely with other departments to provide top notch donor services. The Development team’s ambitious goal is to raise $25M in FY 2021. The Development team works in a flexible, team-oriented manner. We place a high value on team-building toward an ever-greater sense of mutual trust among team members in the organization. The Development Associate will be an integral member of the team and will participate fully in all team meetings, retreats and planning sessions.
This position provides administrative, logistical, and data management support. We are looking for a stellar multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and a strong collaborate. Candidates should be able to assist senior development officers by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, as well as spearheading research and data-analysis projects. This role will be mentored by and exposed to senior fundraising professionals and is an ideal position for someone relatively new to development and fundraising with a desire to grow professionally in this area.
Administrative and Logistical Support
· Provide administrative support to the VP and the Development team including providing assistance with calendar/scheduling for the Vice President, department meetings, inter-departmental meetings (as needed), and key client meetings
· Taking and filing meeting minutes for key client and board committee meetings
· Under the supervision of the VP of Development and her team, supporting clients with administrative legal filings
· Supporting administrative needs for select Supporting Organizations and Giving Circles
· Provide logistical support for external and internal meetings (e.g. reserving rooms, ordering food, set up and clean up), in coordination with our Operations and Donor Services and Administrative Support teams
· Handle office tasks, such as filing, setting up for meetings, copying, and reordering supplies
· Greeting visitors to the 3rd Floor of EBCF’s offices
· Research and drafting around prospective donors, and new development strategies
· Supporting the Development team with research and drafting of materials for prospective and existing clients/donors (presentations, memos, etc.)
· Assisting with client stewardship (answering calls, responding to emails, and other inquiries)
Data Management Support
· Supporting the Development team with maintaining data, including the use of the CRM, data input, and running reports for analysis, strategic planning, and Board Fund Development Committee meetings