Manager, Membership and Philanthropy
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
More about REBA:
REBA is seeking a Manager of Membership and Philanthropy to help build and lead a philanthropic revenue program to attract increased investment from private, corporate, and family foundations. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, high energy development professional who is interested in developing strategic partnerships with the philanthropic community to promote renewable energy. This position reports to the Senior Director of Membership and Philanthropy and can be done remotely / work from home.
· Lead the development, and execution of the REBA Institute’s philanthropic program engaging private, corporate, and family foundations.
· Manage existing philanthropic partnerships and increase the pipeline of prospective partners by leveraging REBA’s network.
· Partner with CEO and program teams to develop clear and compelling proposals and reports, and to engage the philanthropic community in REBA’s work.
· Develop and implement a stewardship strategy to ensure that philanthropic partners feel connected to and invested in REBA’s mission.
· Partner with the Senior Director of Membership + Philanthropy to engage the Board in resource development and create a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
· Capture, analyze, and report key performance metrics on REBA’s philanthropic efforts to ensure processes and outcomes align with strategy and goals.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Master's degree and at least 7 + years’ nonprofit experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven ability to develop effective, mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with private, corporate, and family foundations.
· Experience working effectively with boards of directors, and a wide cross section of other public, private, and philanthropic leaders.
· Compelling persuasive communication skills, both written and oral.
· Commitment to quality and productivity, focusing on goals, measurement, results, and accountability.
· The candidate must possess superior leadership and creative problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial and strategic approach to philanthropy.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; REBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
REBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at REBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All REBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. REBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
To apply, please see the Careers link at