Location: NYC (Remote at the moment due to Covid-19)
Work Authorization: Must already be authorized to work in the United States
Opportunity: Temporary ~5months
Start Date: November 2020
We value diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to growing our teams with people who have diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We are committed to fair and unbiased hiring practices that support equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, abilities, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Role and Responsibilities
The Accounting Associate will assist with the full range of financial processes, helping to ensure deadlines are met and supporting team members across the organization
Specific accounting responsibilities may include:
- Accounts payable, verification of financial amounts entering in the accounting system
- Manage Expense Reimbursement Process in our external expense tracking system
- Accounts receivable, invoicing and clearing
- Accurate filing of all financial paperwork and supporting materials
- Reviewing bank account activities and performing a soft reconciliation
- Providing assistance to other team members as needed
We are seeking an inquisitive and resourceful individual who is a strong analytical thinker and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- 1-3 years accounting experience in fast-paced environment, knowledge of nonprofit accounting a plus
- A customer service attitude when supporting the team in achieving their objectives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Apps for Business, Zoho Expense, and Fund-EZ or similar accounting system
- Understanding of data entry, accounting rules, general ledger and financial reports
- Detail-oriented and able to produce results with a good balance of accuracy and efficiency
- Planning and prioritizing workflows, and problem-solving situations through to completion
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during busy periods and to tackle adverse situations with a sense of humor is essential!
We’re a non-profit looking for deep insights into human behavior—into why people do what they do—and using that knowledge in ways that help improve lives, build better systems, and drive social change. Working globally, we reinvent the practices of institutions, and create better products and policies that can be scaled for maximum impact.
We also teach others, ultimately striving to generate lasting social impact and create a future where the universal application of behavioral science powers a world with optimal health, equitable wealth, and environments and systems that are sustainable and just for all.
For more than a decade, we’ve been at the forefront of applying behavioral science in the real world. And as we’ve developed our expertise, we’ve helped to define an entire field. Our efforts have so far extended to 40 countries as we’ve partnered with governments, foundations, NGOs, private enterprises, and a wide array of public institutions.
Working with Us
We are a culture-first organization where rules or processes do not take precedence – people and their ability to make well-reasoned decisions do. You’ll find that our team members are deeply caring, wicked smart, and both tenacious and rigorous in their work.
Our core values are at the heart of everything at ideas42:
- We live and breathe what we do. We look at everything through a BEHAVIORAL LENS.
- We take OWNERSHIP. We don’t just work at ideas42, we take shared responsibility for it.
- We DO GOOD. We use our expertise to improve millions of lives and create a better world for all.
- We have fun. We let PLAYFULNESS inform the way we work and our approach to the world, helping to drive our creativity and improve our solutions.
- We live with a SPIRIT OF GENEROSITY. We approach our colleagues, partners and people whose lives we seek to improve with an attitude of selflessness and cooperation.
- We are TENACIOUS. We never take the easy route, but push to stretch the limits of what’s possible.
- We are RIGOROUS in how we think and how we tackle problems.