About Deans for Impact
The mission of Deans for Impact is to ensure every child is taught by a well-prepared teacher. We do this by bringing together leaders of educator-preparation programs who want to change the way they prepare beginning teachers; helping these leaders transform their programs through evidence, including our best scientific understanding about how students learn; supporting them to sustain changes over time; and building their capacity to influence policy.
We believe that a great workplace is one where you are inspired by your colleagues, and deeply engaged in your work every day. Six core values guide us:
- Model professionalism – We seek out feedback and foster growth through honesty and humility.
- Be good stewards – We care deeply about our culture and our colleagues, and support each other with grace and understanding.
- Practice good pedagogy – We create learning environments where all voices are heard; gather evidence to inform our decisions; and design learning activities with the end in mind.
- Always seek solutions – We are nimble in developing solutions to problems and testing them, and then we iterate based on what we’ve learned.
- Design for inclusivity – We fight racist policies and ideas, including those that have been embedded in our US education system.
- Transform the system – We take risks to create transformative change, and we’re not afraid to fail.
The role of Content Creator at Deans for Impact
The Content Creator will tell engaging stories that make visible the complexity of preparing effective educators in diverse contexts throughout the country. This includes writing jargon-free stories about Deans for Impact’s work, as well as developing creative digital content that celebrates teachers and teaching (including podcasts and videos, and some tweeting). Further, six years after our launch, it’s time for us to refresh our web presence and overall design aesthetic, and the person in this role will manage this effort.
In short, we’re looking for a highly creative person who’s also skilled at project management. If you are that person, we would love to talk with you!
The Content Creator will:
- Tell stories through engaging copy, video, audio, photography, graphics, and other forms of content
- Develop written copy in the form of newsletters, one-pagers, blog posts, and publications
- Refresh Deans for Impact’s organizational voice and design aesthetic
- Manage communications projects, including by overseeing relationships with outside consultants to complement in-house skills and expertise
- Collect and analyze communications data to ensure that Deans for Impact is effectively reaching its target audiences
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- You have content-creation experience and can provide a strong content portfolio.
- You have a strong track record of developing crisp, shareable messages.
- You have experience with content-management systems and social media platforms.
- If you have worked in K-12 or higher education, that’s a plus.
Skills and qualities:
- You are an excellent writer and digital storyteller who produces thoughtful and engaging content.
- You can prioritize work in a dynamic, project-based environment, take on multiple tasks simultaneously, manage time effectively, and deliver high-quality work on time.
- You listen carefully, and think about how your history and experiences influence your perceptions.
- You take initiative, anticipate challenges, and proactively pursue solutions to problems ranging from the mundane to the complex.
- You recognize the connection between historical injustices and present-day inequities in education – and want to work to remedy them.
How to Apply
Please visitto submit your application for the Content Creator position.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will start screening candidates in October 2020 and will continue until we find the right person. Deans for Impact attracts top talent, and we offer competitive wages and benefits.
For more information, visit.
At Deans for Impact, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission. We hope you will join us as we continue to build an organization where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and all identities are affirmed.
Deans for Impact provides equal opportunity in employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.