Allied Media Projects is seeking an
Human Resources @ AMP
Allied Media Projects is committed to fostering a healthy, exciting workplace environment in which talented humans combine forces to accomplish incredible things. Our HR department works to ensure that AMP and its network of sponsored projects have the multi-talented humans we need to grow and evolve our work, and that these humans are well cared for. We strive to make HR more humane, equitable, and transformative.
The Human Resources Associate at AMP is someone who is passionate about the work of supporting and developing people. They are exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, and have strong interpersonal skills. They are a self-starter, empathetic listener, and creative problem solver. This role will be approximately 80% correspondence & administrative work, 20% strategizing and brainstorming.
- Serve as initial contact for staff regarding daily HR correspondence including inquiries around benefits, talent, leave, and more.
- Support the physical and digital onboarding and offboarding process for all staff.
- Assist in hiring processes, including but not limited to: circulation of job postings, coordination of interviews & orientations, and processing offer letters and job descriptions.
- Support HR Manager in personnel file management.
- Lead creation of a database of resources for well-being.
- Assist in coordination of periodic staff evaluation processes.
- Assist in the annual process of updating job descriptions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of organizational & departmental policies, procedures, and systems.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager on development of recruitment strategies & organizational wellness programs.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of the department in relation to established goals.
- Support employee payroll process as needed.
- Recommend new approaches and procedures for more efficient HR infrastructure.
- Fulfill other related responsibilities as necessary.
Need to have…
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to creatively problem solve.
- Experience creating administrative processes, maintaining confidential records and information.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to be calm and empathetic in stressful situations.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively.
Nice to have . . .
- Previous Human Resources experience, ideally interacting with fiscally sponsored non-profit organizations.
- Administrative experience in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS), preferably ADP.
- Experience working with Google Suite, Asana, and Formstack.
- Experience working in community-based non-profits.
- A working knowledge of the Allied Media Projects network.
- Are multilingual.
- Are an active media-based organizer or media-maker with a social-justice background.
Job Details and How to Apply
This role’s salary range is $36,000-$45,000 and includes a competitive benefits package including: employer sponsored Medical, Vision, Dental, FSA, and retirement matching. It is a full-time position, based in Detroit. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this job will operate in a remote capacity.
The ideal start date for this role is December 1st, 2020.
Please send the following towith the subject line “Last Name, First Initial - AMP Human Resources Associate”
- Cover Letter
- Please include an answer to the question: “What does HR mean to you?”
- A resume/CV
All completed applications received by October 23rd will be considered.
Allied Media Projects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, height, weight, veteran status or marital status.