Interim Executive Director
The Interim Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership to the EveryOne Home staff and stakeholders who are engaged in ending homelessness in Alameda County. The main task of the Interim Executive Director is to aid in the transition of the organization through a strategic planning process and the recruitment and selection of a long-term Executive Director while also ensuring organizational stability and staff well-being.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction to and work with the Director’s Team, Leadership Board, Committee Co-Chairs, and consultants to develop annual implementation plans with specific achievable outcomes
- Lead the Director’s team and Operations Coordinator and oversee efforts that build a healthy organizational culture in a remote work environment
- Manage network of funders to raise funding for core administrative and program functions
- Develop and maintain critical alliances, partnerships and other agency affiliations with public and nonprofit organizations
- Act as a primary spokesperson and public representative for EveryOne Home
- Champion creative and innovative programs and resource development to further the goal of ending homelessness in Alameda County
- Partner with other agencies and organizations to analyze and articulate emerging issues affecting those who are homeless in Alameda County
- Direct and coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of long range and short- term- strategic plans, goals and objectives for the Continuum of Care
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to Cities in the Continuum of Care and Alameda County when needed,
- Lead the organization in other activities including but not limited to the biennial point-in-time count, HUD CoC NOFA, and other strategic priorities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Five or more years of progressive experience in the public or nonprofit sector
- Experience managing budgets and government contracts
- Experience in affordable housing, supportive housing, and/or homelessness in Alameda County/Bay Area (preferred)
- Experience building partnerships with cross sector organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity, diversity and inclusion
- Able to work independently, as part of a team, and in a complex and evolving organizational structure
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative people skills including empathetic listening, transparency, and clear communication
- Adept at working with diverse stakeholders on a common vision
- Skilled at public speaking to diverse audiences
Must be able to operate a computer and telephone for up to 8 hours per day.
100% remote working environment until further notice.
This position reports to the Organizational Health Committee and Leadership Board. Supervises the Director of Analytics, the Director of CoC Strategies and the Operations Coordinator.
Compensation dependent on experience.
EveryOne Home is dedicated to ensuring its staff reflects the racial, ethnic diversity of Alameda County’s unhoused population. EveryOne Home is especially interested in receiving applications from people with lived experience of homelessness and/or identify as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color.
Tides strives to make employment decisions that support inclusion and job-relatedness as an equal opportunity employer. Tides policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity), religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions including genetic characteristics and cancer-related conditions, sexual orientation, people with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions, political affiliation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination also includes a perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics.