Human Resources Manager
SOCIETY OF ST. VINCENT DE PAUL
Title: Human Resources Manager
Division: Human Resources
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Location: Downtown Campus
Hours: Full Time, Regular
Status: Exempt / Annual Salary
Salary Range: $56,000 to $61,000
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages timely recruitment of new employees, working closely with hiring manager/supervisor.
· Ensures compliance with state and federal employment requirements.
· Provides new employee orientation related to processes and procedures for health care, taxes, pay, etc.
· Provides for or arranges for HR training such as sexual harassment, communications skills, etc.
· Manages employee files.
· Leads investigations for employee misconduct in violation of handbook.
· Assists managers/supervisors with working with employees for performance issues.
· Be the point of contact for HR, ready to answer employee questions and effectively resolve problems.
· Support employee lifecycle administration (new hires, changes, updates, and terminations), involving completion of forms, and tracking of information, data entry and record-keeping.
· Ensure that personnel files and records, including the HRIS database, are maintained in accordance with all legal requirements.
· Maintain PTO plan ensuring that data is accurate and current.
· Support HR programs, such as employee recognition, referral plan, employee education and others.
· Complete benefits audits & plan testing. Process employment verifications and federal and state agency requests.
· Prepare new hire, term and LOA kits.
· Assist with the preparation for the performance review process.
· Provide recruitment support: post open positions, sort incoming resumes, act as a liaison with candidates, schedule interviews, and generally provide an excellent candidate experience. Track status of candidates and responds with follow up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
· Other administrative and clerical functions as needed.
· Ensure Employee Handbook and all job descriptions are current and maintain and provides HR Training such as sexual harassment, communications skills, etc.
· Works with ED to plan and implement all-staff meetings and social activities.
· Work closely with the HR Committee; attend meetings, provide staff support and program reports.
· Attend Regional District Council Meetings each quarter, attend District Council meetings as needed.
· Strong work ethic. Willingness to work hard to accomplish difficult goals.
· Complies with written and verbal instruction and willingly performing assigned tasks.
· Accountability to supervisor and to a performance plan. Willingness to accept supervision.
· Positive attitude and ability to be a positive influence on a team.
· Demonstrates proactivity, flexibility, creativity, and enthusiasm.
· Professionalism, maturity, good decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
· Disciplined self-starter who can set and achieve goals.
· Can feel and express passion for the mission of a leading human service charity.
· Is reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills in English (Spanish a plus).
· Ability to communicate well with external and internal customers.
· Excellent customer service skills, for both internal and external customers/stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to serve stakeholders in a professional, welcoming, and efficient manner.
· Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
· Ability to work well with others, to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the organization, and to resolve conflict and avoid difficulties.
· Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers.
· Attention to detail.
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
· Ownership of job’s responsibilities and of accomplishing goals.
· Ability to model highly professional work etiquette including informing supervisor of your activities, responding to communication in a timely manner, doing what you say you will do, respectful behavior in meetings, avoiding any behavior which could cause negative perceptions of you or of SVdP.
· Interest in seeking out additional challenges and opportunities. A commitment to ongoing learning and self-development.
· Coordinating, managing, developing, and engaging volunteers.
· Ability to utilize, engage, and develop others, including volunteers, to work enthusiastically and productively on your team.
· Ability to control unusual situations as they arise without escalating.
· Ability to understand and model the nine culture change elements we promote at SVdP (see Blase for more details): Vincentians, Storytelling, Grit, Accountability, Volunteerism, Kindness, Joy, Kaizen, and Engagement.
· Proficiency with Windows, Word, Excel, e-mail, and Web Browser.
· A focus on respectful and professional collaboration and cooperation across departments.
· An ability to develop and manage budgets, revenues and expenses, and report variances from budgets.
· A focus on capturing and reporting output and outcome metrics.
· Excellent time and priority management skills. Ability to successfully manage projects from conception to completion. Ability to prioritize projects, work independently, meet deadlines, manage several projects simultaneously and work well under pressure.
· Ability to understand the financial impact of decisions, actions, and outcomes.
· Project management skills, including the ability to create and follow outlines, timelines, and reports, and to hold others accountable for completion of tasks.
· Supervisory or management experience.
· Good analytic skills and ability to make evidence-based decisions.
· Valid California driver’s license and legally required insurance and clean driving record.
· BA/BS or equivalent
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties that someone in this position may perform. All employees of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul are expected to perform tasks as assigned by St. Vincent de Paul’s supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.