Senior Housing Development Associate
SV@Home is seeking a motivated, detail oriented, and driven candidate to support our affordable housing development and finance policy work. The Senior Housing Development Associate will analyze technical housing issues and engage with developers and other partners to facilitate policy relating to housing production. This position reports to the Deputy Director. Due to the current pandemic, this position will work remotely through the end of this calendar year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Housing Development Associate will be responsible for the following activities:
Policy and Advocacy
· Developing and implementing strategies that respond to the need for increased housing production in Santa Clara County, including development streamlining and housing financing solutions.
· Supporting the housing development community by providing information and support, gathering feedback on housing policies, and overseeing SV@Home’s project endorsement process.
· Preparing recommendations in partnership with policymakers, affordable housing advocates, city and county staff, and the development community regarding housing development-related policies, regulations, ordinances, codes, and legislation at the local, regional, and State levels.
· Representing SV@Home in local and regional conversations around housing production policies and actions.
Communication, Partnerships, and Engagement
· Testifying at public meetings and participating, as needed, on task forces and committees.
· Preparing comment letters and activating advocacy tools to engage members and community members.
· Supporting efforts to change the conversation through social media, educational events, and other communication channels.
· Preparing blog posts and other written communication on housing topics
· Cultivating and maintaining relationships with key partners including community-based organizations, landowners/developers, and other policy experts.
· Supporting efforts to establish and maintain relationships with local elected officials and city staff.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND ATTRIBUTES
A competitive candidate will have the following experience and knowledge:
· A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in housing policy, housing finance, or housing development is required. Additional experience in a housing policy/finance or development-related position can be substituted for the education requirement.
· A well-developed knowledge of the housing development process.
· Familiarity with local government planning and development policies.
· Must possess excellent communications skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and familiarity with social media platforms.
· Must have a start-up attitude, be well organized at handling multiple tasks, work well in a team environment, and have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
· Must be flexible, nimble, and able to work well under pressure.
· Starts at $70,000 annual salary: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications
· Competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; vacation and sick time; holidays plus a holiday office closure from December 25th through January 1st; a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and employer match
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, Oct 30 at 5pm. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to. Please indicate “Senior Planning Associate Application” in the subject line of your email. Phone calls will not be entertained.
SV@Home is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived
gender identity, age or sexual orientation.