Automation is becoming increasingly important in the world we live in. It helps businesses to better serve their customers, properly organize their employees, and minimize human error in their operations. At Deep Consulting Solutions we make automation solutions to organize and manage small niche companies and enable them to grow big while staying effective and delivering their best service.
Do you want to be part of a no-nonsense consultancy that grows successful and effective businesses with effective software solutions? Our Global Software Team is looking for Product Designers to design effective systems that will run our clients' interesting niche companies. We need flexible and organized thinkers, passionate about effective Software and UX design, to help us craft powerful solutions.
What We Do
We find niche and successful small companies who have problems running their complex internal productions as they scale. The first thing that we do for them is effectively re-organize their operational processes so that they can most effectively attract, service and retain their customers and run their internal production in the way most optimal for quality and profitability. The second thing we do is build and implement a software solution that will administer and enforce the new and improved operation model.
Our Software Team builds highly custom solutions to run our clients operations - which usually include ERP and CRM systems to run the internal company operations, custom web portals to interact with clients and partners, ticketing systems to run support and case resolution operations, and integrated automated telephony to streamline the sales and customer support systems. It is critical for us to build solutions that effectively deliver on the business objective in a highly relevant way, yet are technically flawless and as simple and flexible as possible - thus we always make a point to use readily available platforms and leverage ready-made technologies, such as Zoho CRM, ERP, and Ticketing Systems, along with pre-built components for our front end custom applications. Our design arm of the Software Team focuses primarily on designing software that is functional and pays a lot more attention to functional components and logic of the software rather than its UI and looks.
Work Process & Team Structure
Our company works on a very strict form of waterfall-like model in order to ensure that we create highly precise, relevant, and functional software solutions. Specifically, we put a great deal of effort to ensure that we first fully understand the client's business and that the needs that our solution must fulfill are clearly defined to which we create an elaborate and to-the-point solution that we then effectively build and implement without any ineffective back-and-forth between teams, but with thorough analysis and careful documentation at each step.
Before the project ever gets to the software design team, our business consultants conduct an extensive study of our client business and put together a very complete understanding of the client's business model, along with the evaluation of the business problems and proposed business process improvements that can alleviate these problems - this information is thoroughly documented, peer reviewed, and supervisor approved before it gets to the software design team. The Product Designers pick up this complete documentation and are provided with the set of business needs that their solution must fulfill (e.g. enable the company to sell their subscription service via their sales agents, organize manufacturing workflow of the company's warehouse, etc.) to which they design highly relevant and effective solutions, which are then reviewed by the business consultants, fellow product designers, and the supervisor. Once the initial high level design is approved, Product Designers make detailed designs with wireframes, logic flows, and software requirements - these detailed designs and requirements are then validated and clarified by our QA Analysts and Lead Engineers, and once approved, are taken in to the development process where the tech team builds actual technology matching to those designs. Our QA team monitors and tests every part of the build, and once functional pieces of the solutions are ready, they are passed back to the Product Designers who can conduct acceptance testing on them and request changes as needed; once standalone parts of the solution are ready, they are passed on to the business consultants who also conduct their own acceptance testing - this ensures that the solutions go through an extensive evaluation and feedback process, and an effective step by step process enables to produce highly effective and functional solutions in a relatively small organization.
Project teams in the organization are very compact. There is usually 1-2 business consultants on the project, 1-3 Product Designers, a Lead Software Engineer with several other Software Engineers, and 1 or 2 QA Engineers. We deliberately try to avoid creating large and overblown teams on projects in order to prevent communication/organization difficulties and to encourage personal responsibility.
What We Will Expect From You
As a Product Designer, your ultimate deliverable will be an effective-by-design solution that will serve the needed business objective, be simple to build and easy to implement. Specifically we will expect from you:
- Functioning and relevant to the business designs focused on practicality and real life implementation;
- Ingenious and minimalist solutions that will be as structured simply as possible, be easy to make, and leverage, wherever possible, ready made solutions;
- Rigorously analyzed and well defined systems with little to no flaws and logical inconsistencies;
- Effective work within the team with proper self-organization and direct communication.
Depending on your level (which will be assessed during the hiring process), you will be given a matching level of responsibility and matching complexity of projects. After each project completion, your performance will be reassessed and your level will be adjusted, which will be followed with financial rewards if success was accomplished.
Generally, you will be free to decide how you structure your work, so long as you produce effective results that meet our quality standard and lead to successfully completed projects. You will be held accountable for the outcomes of your actions, and not your activities.
We have a tight business to run and our jobs require a certain commitment to results and willingness to accept responsibility for the individual actions on the part of our employees. Therefore, we require our candidates to:
- Understand that an activity by itself is useless unless it produces a useful outcome;
- Be ready to self-organize and self-manage and make own decisions about what to do in order to deliver the result;
- Be willing to re-examine approaches and methods when results suggest that current approaches aren't working;
- Be willing to endure hard work to achieve success and not expect instant gratification;
- Approach matters rigorously and analytically;
- Act on the above.
The following skills/experience will be necessary:
- Experience with successful software implementations in real business applications (web or mobile);
- Strong logical reasoning and analytical skills to do your research, articulate ideas in detail, and solve problems;
- Strong experience in feature design, including user and/or process workflow and User Experience Design;
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional specifications that can be handed off to development teams;
- Proactivity to come up with solutions and follow their implementation without supervision;
- A solid understanding of effective software design and good self-management to create solutions quickly and effectively;
- Good verbal and written English to communicate clearly with our international team;
The following will help:
- Experience with CRM/ERP systems, programmable telephony, and other niche technologies;
- Experience with highly complex applications;
- Experience with modeling and design tools.
What We Offer
High Performance Oriented Management
Results Based Compensation
Practical Business Solution Design
Work on Your Own Time
Opportunities to Practically Develop and Enhance Your Expertise
Growth Within Our Organization
Our candidate selection process is designed to objectively assess people's ability to deliver. We do not have long and pointless rounds of interviews filled with hypothetical questions and we do not make decisions solely by looking at somebody's resume. Instead, we follow the below sequence:
- Job Application Form.
- Pre-Screening Online Skills Assessment.
- Short Interview.
- Practical Test Assignment.
- Evaluation of the Assignment and Decision on Hire.