Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Headquarters: United States
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing engineering team to ensure Osano is delivering highly performant, scalable, and reliable products.
This is a remote-only role. You must live and be authorized to work in the United States and be available 8:30am-5:30pm Central Time.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with a talented group of engineers to help deliver highly performant, scalable, and reliable code.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and optimizing the efficiency of infrastructure as well as the reliability, and scalability of Osano product(s)
- Establish requirements and implement a sophisticated monitoring stack and app uptime alerting.
- Audit, and implement good SecOps policies and practices in infrastructure and development
- Manage releases and production deployments
- Managing and participating in the on-call rotation
- Support the engineering team by being an escalation contact for service incidents
- Support the customer success team by performing routine prescribed database tasks as needed
- Troubleshoot systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develop solutions
- Assist with IT administration duties
- 5+ years experience working hands-on on implementing and maintaining infrastructure on AWS
- 5+ years experience as a Site Reliability or DevOps Engineer in a SLA AWS environment
- Advanced understanding of AWS infrastructure such as: EC2, S3, Aurora, SQS, Lamda, etc.
- Experience building out AWS environments (including but not limited to setting up VPCs, configuring ACLs and security groups)
- Experience creating and managing infrastructure 100% through CloudFormation
- Experience with platform monitoring tools like Prometheus, Datadog, AWS CloudWatch, etc.
- Experience building failure-resistant architecture, including disaster recovery, backups, failover, etc.
- Experience managing and automating deployments
- Solid foundational knowledge of security best practices and approaches
- Experience with Git version control system
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment involving cross-functional teams
- Take pride in not only developing, but operationally owning the reliability of the features you build.
- Strong knowledge of software development fundamentals. You know how to decompose problems, design and iterate on solutions.
- AWS Solution Architect Certification (bonus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Unlimited time-off policy
- Family friendly
- Great health care
- Remote work
- Opportunity to define the culture
- B-corp with a mission that matters
Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corporation) which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission oriented and we are committed to putting people before profits.
As a remote-only work environment, we have specific practices to help the team work together. Our work culture is highly effective, but also opinionated. Please read our to make sure it is the right fit for you.
At Osano we value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you are interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, where you can do good and do well, say hi!