Social Media & Marketing Intern
About the Company
The Nurturing Nurse is an online startup company that focuses on newborn care and breastfeeding. The mission of The Nurturing Nurse is to educate and empower families through evidence-based practice about what to expect during hospital-stay, the latest breast-feeding practices, how to properly care for infants, and the importance of health policy in order to improve the overall wellness amongst newborn and infant populations. The Nurturing Nurse provides workshops and consultations for parents and parents-to-be.
About the Founder
I am a Neonatal Nurse and Nurse Clinician. I have a great appreciation for infant care, breastfeeding, and education. I have a Master of Science in Nursing Education and a Master of Public Health and I’ve worked in newborn settings, including the nursery and NICU. I love teaching breastfeeding and newborn classes, analyzing breastfeeding data, and enhancing policy development.
· Writing for social media posts and our blog, researching blog topics, and potential collaborators
· Manage and post on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest
· Reach out to influencers and potential collaborators for giveaways
· Sending out emails to brands for collaboration
· Creating content for social posts
· Organizing visual assets
· Responding to comments on our Instagram and Facebook pages
· Help design promotional material for events, like brochures and videos
· Prepare content for internal use (like guidelines and glossaries)
· Create customizable templates we can use for multiple purposes, including presentations and business cards
· Research and recommend new ideas to strengthen the brand
· Contribute unique insights to attribute to successes and opportunities for improvement
· Manage and monitor efforts in building online reviews and reputation.
· Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
The Nurturing Nurse is looking for a virtual Marketing & Admin assistant who can increase engagement and growth in the company, a passionate and dedicated individual who will enjoy being committed to posting engaging social media content regarding newborn and breastfeeding topics.
· Prior experience working in a social media position
· Familiarity with social media tactics to gain followers and increase engagement
· Broad knowledge of infant care and lactation
· Loves newborn health and breastfeeding; knows or can learn to talk about these topics in a way that engages readers
· Proficiency with scheduling apps, social media platforms, and marketing growth tools
· Good eye for aesthetic
· Graphic design skills a big plus
· Experience in newborn care and/or lactation support also a plus!
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Will provide Professional Development Assistance to those who come aboard the team!
Part time: 10-19 hours
Remote work: Yes
Company’s Website: www.thenurturingnurse.com
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Professional development assistance
- Day shift
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Fully Remote