Customer Service Agent (CSA) for Accounting/Bookkeeping firm
Are you friendly, tech-savvy, and detail-oriented?
Want to join at an exciting, rapidly growing startup?
BooksTime is looking for an outgoing and resourceful Junior Bookkeeper & Account Manager to join the team. This is a significant opportunity for professional growth. No experience is required, but we hope that the individual in this role will be able to learn quickly and take on additional responsibilities as the company grows. This position is completely remote.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY ASAP -- THIS IS AN URGENT HIRING NEED.
You MUST include a COVER LETTER and CV
Please read the whole job description before applying.
Who we are:
BooksTime is a rapidly growing startup revolutionizing the way small and medium-sized businesses get their accounting and bookkeeping done. We've assembled a team of top-notch accountants and we're well on our way to disrupting an $80 billion industry.
What you'll do:
- * Setting up access to client systems*
When we start working with a new client, we need to get secure access to their bank accounts, payroll systems, point of sale software, and many other accounts and systems that contain data needed for bookkeeping purposes.
Every client uses a different mix of software and services, so every client poses a new challenge. How we access these systems depends on the technical capabilities of the system as well as the preferences of the client. For many apps, we just need to create a new user account (e.g. creating a new user for a client's bank account so we can download statements online). Some software may be desktop-based and will need to be accessed via remote desktop applications. In other cases, software will need to be uploaded to a server or virtual environment for shared access (familiarity with such systems is not a prerequisite for this role; we can teach you). There are a lot of other possibilities, as well.
In each case, you will consult with the client in question to understand their preferences, and then set up access in a way that works for the client and for the BooksTime accountants/bookkeepers.
Your work with the client to get access to their systems is one of the client's first experiences with BooksTime, so it's critical to make a great first impression by ensuring the process is smooth, efficient, and as pleasant as possible.
- * Highly sensitive bookkeeping tasks, especially bill pay and payroll*
You will be entrusted with the most sensitive bookkeeping work for our client, especially statement downloading, bill pay, payroll, and other tasks where consistent accuracy is crucial!
*3. Customer support
*For several clients, you will be a key contact. Clients will come to you with questions and requests, which you'll either handle directly or, more commonly, you'll get the needed information from someone else within the company and pass it along to the client.
We're looking for someone who is:
- The ideal candidate hates making mistakes and is extremely detail-oriented.
- A great communicator.You should have excellent professional communication skills (in English).
- Good with clients.Most of this role involves working with clients. This takes professionalism, a good deal of patience, and a friendly, outgoing personality.
- You'll manage a broad range of projects and responsibilities. You'll need to be great at juggling lots of requests and competing priorities without losing track of anything.
- Unflappable and even-keeled.For the same reasons you need to be organized (above), you'll need to be the sort of person who keeps their cool under pressure.
- This position is designed to give you a broad range of experience in bookkeeping, client service, and account management. Your projects will vary in scope, complexity, difficulty, and functional area.
- Quick learner.Because of the range of projects you could work on, you'll be doing a lot of things for the first time. There will always be colleagues available to help you, but it'll be a challenge to learn so much so rapidly. If you love learning new things, this is the role for you!
Preferred qualifications (not required, but definitely nice to have):
- Customer service experience
- Bookkeeping experience, and/or degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
Why join BooksTime:
- Learn a ton.You'll gain valuable, hands-on experience and develop a lot of marketable skills. Your resume is going to look amazing.
- Make history.Our startup is still relatively small (under 60 employees as of the time this was posted), but we have big plans. We're getting ready to disrupt the accounting and bookkeeping industry. This is a great opportunity to get in early at a startup that, we believe, will soon be an industry leader.
- Do work that really matters.The projects you'll be working on will be critical to the success of the company and the clients we serve.
- Be part of a close-knit, supportive team.Your colleagues are here to help you and make sure you're getting an amazing learning experience. We're a passionate and diverse bunch of people united by an ambition to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
- Flexible hours.We work at all hours, so we can design a schedule that works for you. Both full-time and part-time options are available.
Regardless of whether your hours are full-time or part-time, this is a permanent, long-term position. We are not currently accepting applications for temporary work.
How To Apply:
To apply, You MUST include a COVER LETTER and CV.
A cover letter is required. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
Keywords: accounting, bookkeeping, accountant, bookkeeper, book-keeper, customer service, client service, customer support, customer success, finance, financial, controller, tech, ninja, IT, tech, infotech, information technology, technical, support, helpdesk, help desk, operations, operational, accounting, bookkeeping, finance, fintech, Office365, startup, start-up, entry-level, entry level, accounting, bookkeeping, accountant, bookkeeper, leadership development, growth, Boston, Newton, Massachusetts, payroll, AP, accounts payable, clerk, manager, lead, supervisor, full charge, customer relations, customer relationship management, customer relationship manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $22.00/hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $22.00 per hour
- customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- If relevant, describe your experience in the field of bookkeeping/accounting?
- Fully Remote
Communication method(s) used:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused