Social Media Marketing Intern
Rave Scout Cookies is an esteemed community-driven electronic dance music multimedia platform and countercultural rave preservation project devoted to bolstering under-represented and undiscovered marginalized talents, collectives, and communities.
Rave Scout Cookies is looking for a highly motivated, high-driven, and passionate Social Media Intern. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a great attitude who is looking to contribute to the growth of our platform through social media and keep up with our social presence through various social media platforms. Our ideal intern will contribute to producing engaging content while illustrating our platform's story, mission, and goals. To thrive in this role you will need to be extremely passionate about everything dance music, be able to work well independently while having strong communication skills - both verbally/written and be an organized creative forward-thinker, bringing their ideas to the table.
The perfect candidate will not only grasp how our digital design/aesthetic and development capabilities can transform our platform, but you have enthusiasm for everything social, from copywriting to designing creative visuals (Canva) to overall strategy to simply engaging with people on social platforms. You bring a willingness to understand our unique standing in the underground industry, along with our distinct processes and workflow.
• Implement and maintain the online presence for our platform through social media. (Soundcloud, Shopify, Medium, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Regular content postings on communications portals (Reddit, Voat, Newsvine, etc.)
• Market Research on organizations working on social and environmental issues.
• Outreach strategies to build community and users.
• Be knowledgeable of social media analytics and metrics to maintain an up-to-date presence in order to increase our following and engagement across all social media platforms.
• Be familiar with social analytics software such as Hootsuite and or Social Sprout.
• Collaborate with the founder to write, proofread, and format materials.
• Track digital trends and spot opportunities to target potential artists that fit our criteria to include in our platform.
• Engage with a community of followers online regularly.
• VERY strong writing skills with the ability to write engaging content for various audiences.
• Have a sense of humor, quick-wittiness, and seek creativity of thought when applicable.
• Students pursuing BA/BS preferred. MBA degree candidates are highly desirable.
• Strong knowledge in running social media campaigns and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud, etc.
• Submission of a cover letter is required.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Tech-savvy with a passion for mobile technologies, innovation, and emerging categories
• Ability to scout for artists while not being afraid to network.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a thirst to be a part of a great opportunity in the underground music industry.
• Works well under pressure and short deadlines.
What We Offer
• Earn college credit for the internship.
• Work with passionate social issues thought leaders.
• Build a reputation around content creation and community management.
• Bolster impactful social issues and organizations.
• Part of a high-paced, high-growth start-up/platform.
Job Type: InternshipShow moreShow less