Information Technology Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist
Modis is seeking an IT Support Specialist for a contract position in Durant, OK (remote after training). You must have a minimum of two years’ experience in an IT support role. This will be a level 1 support role and you will be responsible for providing first point of contact for users of the company’s applications, hardware, networks and/or software. We are seeking someone who is customer-focused and provides excellent quality service. You will ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and/or require that the individual give hands-on support at the desktop level. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your IT skill set with this exciting company!!!
- Provides 1st level technical support for the resolution of technical problems related to Windows 10, Office 365, enterprise applications, databases, printers, desktop hardware, and security issues.
- Troubleshoots problems using desktop remote control products where possible.
- Ensure that all internal and external service levels are met in a timely manner while meeting quality standards.
- Use deductive problem-solving skills to investigate and solve a broad range of problems.
- Develops an understanding of critical business systems / processes and the adverse business impact if these systems / processes are not available. Invokes Major Incident procedures to begin service restoration.
- Utilize critical thinking skills, prioritize incoming work orders and efficiently assesses situations for appropriate response: seek clarification if work is not clear.
- Applying IT principles, methods, and practices in the customer service and support area to identify and resolve issues and requests.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Field incoming requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or request.
- Troubleshoot Windows/MAC Operating Systems and Microsoft 0365 applications.
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel.
- Willingness to research and figure out complex software issues.
- Familiarity with ITIL methodologies.
- Ability to interact effectively with both non-technical users and highly technical users.
- Must demonstrate technical proficiency in areas related to work experience and/or education.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Organization and prioritization skills are a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to relate well to internal and external clients and understand their needs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Two+ years information technology support experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Technical training in helpdesk support, support technician, or help desk technician.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC, servers, switches, and routers.
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012.
- Ability to absorb information quickly.
- Excellent attitude, phone etiquette, written, and verbal communication, and people skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
Employment Type: Contract (possible extension/conversion)
Immigration Status: Must be able to work in the US without restrictions, NO C2C, OPT/EAD, or H1 will be accepted.
If you are interested in this IT Support Specialist Job in Durant, OK then please click apply through Modis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledShow moreShow less