Executive Director, Business Systems
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Executive Director-Business Systems is responsible for managing our enterprise systems supporting the various company business functions. The company enterprise systems include Salesforce, Netsuite, Adaptive and many others.
The role requires a unique combination of exceptional customer focus, strong communication skills, technology know-how, and solid planning, implementation and operational skills.
This role involves the direct management of all aspects of these systems including long-range strategy planning, , implementing annual roadmaps, managing team resources, optimizing operational processes, management reporting, and related continuous improvement.
Remote location: East Coast
- Collaborate effectively with all business functional teams including Sales, Product, Marketing, Solutions, Commercial and FP&A departments to understand their processes and requirements.
- Be continually alert for new enabling technologies that can meet or exceed stakeholder requirements, maximizing efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Have the ability to prepare effective business cases for systems improvements and/or alternative new systems, clearly articulating non-financial and financial benefits and costs, and influencing various stakeholders effectively.
- Lead approved new business systems implementations or improvements effectively.
- Have solid technical knowledge of the various business systems utilized across the company
- Effectively manage the day-to-day support requirements of all business systems
- Produce, publish and manage all internal and external support communications for partners and internal staff.
- Continually identify, communicate and implement industry best practices related to business systems.
- Develop and maintain effective training programs for the various systems utilized across the company. This may include working with the training team as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and maximize synergies and efficiencies across business systems
- Inspire and lead the business systems support team including mentoring, coaching, evaluation, and professional development. Handle all aspects of performance management including engagement, constructive feedback (informal and formal) and regularly scheduled reviews. Be open, approachable and readily available to offer assistance to team members regarding technical analysis, issues, troubleshooting and client interaction and correspondence.
- Effectively manage the department financials (including optimizing software licenses and consulting fees) and ongoing resource management needs.
- Maintain and communicate existing operational metrics (or develop new ones as required). Communication includes the Global Tech Management team as well as various stakeholders.
- Continuously improve all areas of the support operation focusing on a best of breed customer experience, profitability, talent acquisition/retention, and leading edge knowledge & technical expertise.
- Strong business acumen and ability to build effective business relationships.
- Focused on finding solutions to meet customer desired outcomes effectively and efficiently.
- High level of curiosity and ability to monitor emerging new technologies and applications to meet business desired outcomes .
- 12 - 15+ years of IT application development and solutions delivery/support experience.
- Strong experience with application architecture and experience setup.
- Proven ability to inspire and lead a business systems team, with experience in mentoring, coaching, evaluation and handling professional development .
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects across a wide variety of systems. PMP certification a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to explain technology solutions to business stakeholders.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Show moreShow less