Field Services Engineer
Field Service Engineer
- Our client is an equipment manufacturer, selling to some of the biggest and most successful food and beverage manufacturers in the world, with a proven track record of success.
- They have been in business for 23 years and have been growing at 20% rate year after to year.
- Due to growth and expansion, our client has exampled and is adding a Field Service Engineer to the team
- People with a track record of innovation and achievement, succeed and thrive in our client’s environment.
- This role will enjoy upward mobility, flexibility to work from home and travel 50% of the time to install, support and maintain equipment for the customers
- MUST LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - IDEALLY THE MIDWEST
- This is a remote role and can live anywhere in the Midwest; must be open to 50% travel
- Unlimited growth potential
- Entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to create and develop new maintenance plans and trainings
- Work-life balance
- Flexible hours
- Good vacation package
- Perform installations, unpacking/ packing, inspection, preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance / repairs of the packaging equipment
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure installation is flawless and seamless
- Technical support on operation, repair and maintenance of packaging equipment as needed through on-site visits
- Provide telephone/remote technical support for equipment at sites throughout United States
- Initiate proactive action on behalf of the customer, e.g. preventative maintenance
- Provide closed-loop feedback on all escalated actions
- Develop customer relationships that breed loyalty
- Actively promote the features and benefits of the equipment/ products
- Actively engage other areas of the business when opportunities exist
- On-call as needed to support equipment throughout the United States
- Performs the administrative duties associated with the job including Expense Reports, Mileage reports, Time Cards, Parts Requisitions/Returns, Installation Reports, Service Reports, and other reporting duties, which may be assigned.
- AAS/Maintenance Certifications in electronics, maintenance or equivalent maintenance troubleshooting and or field service experience
- 2+ years of manufacturing or military maintenance experience required; ideally in a field service, installation or machine building type role but open to training the right person
- Must have experience troubleshooting, inspecting and performing PM’s on manufacturing or military related equipment.
- Prefer experience with manufacturing experience with liquid filling / bottling capital equipment but open to any sort of packaging capital equipment expertise.
- Knowledge of assigned equipment to provide timely repair and effective maintenance.
- Professional, articulate, excellent customer service skills and open to going the extra mile to ensure the customer is happy
- Be on-call as needed to support customers’ needs
- Capable of operating test equipment
- Experience reading blueprints and schematics
- Excellent mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills; PLC programming is a plus
- Military veterans preferred – especially with maintenance background (will consider candidate transitioning directly out of the military)