Field Technical Support
The assigned region includes MA, RI, CT, NY and NJ though travel outside of an assigned region may be necessary at times.
Field Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing direct technical support assistance onsite at customer locations, which includes break/fix repair of AstroNova Product Identification equipment. This includes, but is not limited to providing pre and post installation support, customer training, warranty and contractual service support to end users, channel partners and third party service providers.
This role is responsible for providing expeditious on-site support for customer break fix activity, provide technical assistance to third party and channel authorized service providers and lead onsite escalation support when they occur. Field Technical Support Specialists will lead escalation onsite support activity as required.
The Field Technical Support Specialist may provide Technical Phone Support to triage product related issues with the intent of reducing the necessity for on-site service engagements or to clarify technical support requirements (work plan, parts required) prior to an on-site engagement.
This position is to be field active and not assigned a predefined period of time for providing remote support. The position may incur 50-70% travel.
From an administrative perspective, case closures are expected to be processed within 24 hrs of completion. Expense reports are expected to be completed each week to ensure timely processing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Break/fix repair - troubleshoot/repair technical problems at the customer site
- Visit customer sites for installation and/or provide operator/maintenance training
- Update, log and close customer technical and user support cases within service feedback systems
- Deploy Software/Hardware solutions defined by project developers in the field
- Complete assigned projects
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent 2-year degree
- Two years’ experience in electronics and/or experience in computer operation and assembly, or similar military technical training
- Ability to use technical diagnostic test equipment, digital volt meter
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, networks and graphics programs
Additional Preferred Skills, Experience, and Certifications
- Experience in a technical field service engineer and/or support role
- Experience in a high volume Support Call Center
- Familiarity with RIP software an asset
- Background in printing systems desirable
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, stoop for continuous periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Special Working Conditions / Travel Requirements
This position can require heavy travel typically occurring Monday through Friday. Field Technical Support Specialists are responsible for traveling to customer sites within their assigned region, and at times to Headquarters in Rhode Island. Technical Support Specialists based out of Headquarters are also expected to travel to customer sites at times. AstroNova offers a competitive car allowance and reimbursement for gas mileage.Show moreShow less