Innovation and Business Development - Central America
Bridge for Billions is a digital ecosystem for early-stage entrepreneurs around the world to advance their projects. We offer a program based on three pillars: top-notch methodology, the support of a personal mentor, and an international community of entrepreneurs to share this experience with.
We are a New York - Madrid social startup (listed as Forbes 30 Under 30 and Ashoka Fellows) that works closely with entrepreneurs, corporates, foundations, universities, and governments around the world to co-create programs that fit their needs. We have already developed over 100 digital programs with public and private organizations, and supported over 1500 entrepreneurs across 70 countries.
After 5 years of global work based in Madrid, we are currently expanding our offices to Latin America, where we look forward to contributing to our purpose by supporting thousands of entrepreneurs in the coming years. As our impact grows our team will too, are you our next colleague?
Can you imagine yourself working to help ensure that entrepreneurs from around the world can make their ideas a reality? Do you dream of working in a multicultural environment where you learn something new and exciting every day? Want to be driven by an overarching mission?
We’re an up-and-coming startup with a young and family-like work environment with continuous learning opportunities. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, self-started, people-oriented, hands-on individual to join our Latin America expansion team.
Want to be our new Innovation & Business Development Manager in Central America? Keep on reading!
We are looking to add a sales growth engine to our team, working directly with our Latin American expansion team to plan and implement cost-effective solutions to drive our sales. Someone with a proven sales track record within a new product/new market. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced seller to work alongside detail-oriented and passionate sales, marketing, and customer experience professionals within a startup environment.
- Establish new partnerships with large corporations, universities, foundations and government to increase our number of innovation and entrepreneurship programs in the region
- Generate leads from global corporates, academia, foundations, or governmental organizations.
- Manage all aspects of the sales lifecycle including prospecting, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals, ensuring client’s needs are met throughout the process.
- Eager to travel for in-person/on-site meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships.
- Generate strategic relationships to continue to build Bridge for Billions’ brand, with intentions of creating impact
- Responsible for meeting monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Offer creative solutions for each specific client
- Work closely with our PR, Comms and Marketing teams to develop, establish, and direct supportive channel strategies and programs including demand generation programs for the field sales team, in support of new initiatives and strategies.
- Work closely with our international Incubation team to ensure alignment and delivery
Habilidades necesarias y cualificaciones
En Bridge for Billions estamos convencidos de que las personas son el factor diferenciador del éxito de cualquier empresa y creemos que el talento es más que el conocimiento. Se expresa en las actitudes y la capacidad de relacionarse con otros equipos y personas.
Nos guiamos por nuestros valores (iniciativa, coraje, agallas y empatía) y esperamos que todos los miembros del equipo se apoyen mutuamente para ejemplificarlos en la medida de lo posible.
SKILLS NEEDED and QUALIFICATIONS:
- At Bridge for Billions, we are convinced that people are the differentiating factor in the success of any company and we believe that talent is more than just knowledge. It’s expressed in attitudes and the ability to relate with other teams and people.
- We are driven by our values (Gumption, Courage, Grit and Empathy) and expect everyone in the team to support one another in exemplifying them as much as possible.
- For all Bridge team members:
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude that’s not afraid to work independently when required.
- You are a leader, you take initiative, you’re results-driven and you show empathy in all your interactions with team members, entrepreneurs, mentors, and partners.
- Passion for your work and for lifelong learning.
- Resilience to overcome the challenges that we have to face.
- Able to multitask and prioritize own workload.
For this role In particular:
- 3-5+ years of complex projects sales experience; or enterprise SaaS sales experience in either Corporations & Private Sector, Academia & Learning Institutions, Large nonprofits & Foundations or Governments & International Organizations.
- Outstanding consultative selling skills and a successful track record.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers highly desired.
- Well-versed in using sales software (drive, trello, slack, hubspot
- Knowledge and/or interest in entrepreneurship, incubation programs, social impact, a must.
- VC experience a plus
- Soft skills:
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills (People like you, listen to you, and trust you!)
- Great persuasive communication, self-aware, transparent, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- You’re success-driven, passionate, a go-getter, willing to work within a team environment & flexible (remember - we’re a startup).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or similar, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. Seeking candidate currently based here. Open to other cities in CA.
- Full proficiency in Spanish and English. Portuguese or any other local languages would be great!
Process: 30min intro call, 1 hour business case, reference check and offer
Location: Guatemala City, Guatemala. Open to other cities in CA.
Start date: February 2020
Contract type: Consultant (paid holidays)
What we offer:
- Compensation: USD 20k-25k (based on experience & company fit)
- Work on something that matters, contribute to helping thousands of entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- An international dynamic team of young professionals with lots of passion and a clear vision in a fast-growing startup.
- Be a leader in an essential part of the company
- Flexible working hours and optional remote days.
- Position based in Guatemala City, we have cool offices in the heart of the city with the possibility of home office
- Flexible vacation policy as long as objectives are met.
- A team that cares about your wellbeing.
Ready to join?