Bilingual Lead Organizer
is a national organization building the voice of people working for the country’s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base-building, UFR’s growing network is challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family - sustaining jobs for all working people. We leverage technology, including social media and our digital platform, , to bring people who work in retail together into shared community and advocacy campaigns. Learn more about UFR’s .
WorkIt is our proprietary digital platform that leverages machine learning to provide immediate support to people in low-wage jobs who are struggling to understand and assert their rights under the law and navigate corporate policies. WorkIt is available in both English and Spanish and can be downloaded directly through Google Play or iTunes to ask any question about workplace policy or rights via a simple chat interface to receive immediate, easy-to-understand advice and support.
The WorkIt team is recruiting a Lead Organizer to support the growth of a new organizing pathway into the United for Respect movement. The WorkIt Lead Organizer will be responsible for managing the WorkIt UFR organizing pathway, experimentation with organizing efforts on and off the platform and leader cultivation.
Lead Organizers will be responsible for:
- Building a strong leadership cohort of people working in retail through engagement on UFR’s proprietary platforms, including WorkIt and our COVID-19 crowdsourced tracker, peer to peer organizing and outreach.
- Driving team members to achieve organizing goals and outcomes.
- Developing organizing team infrastructure, including best practices, data tracking and analysis, and leader activation pathways and opportunities.
- Analyzing organizing metrics and data and preparing team reports and recommendations.
- Developing and building leadership committees within the WorkIt UFR universe and connecting with internal stakeholders to support public and corporate policy campaigns, actions, and press events.
- Participate in strategy development and planning to grow the organizing program and advance campaigns.
- Minimum 2 years organizing campaign experience, ideally with organizing workers and using digital strategies.
- Strong writing, research, and communication skills.
- Strong listening, persuasion, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people as well as an understanding of the daily challenges faced by low-income communities of color.
- Ability to work independently, navigate obstacles, discern priorities, meet competing deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Loves data and track record of incorporating data analysis into strategy development.
- Familiarity with digital strategies and online to offline organizing.
- Ability to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak Spanish is required.
Location: Anywhere in the United States (remote)
Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000 annually depending on experience and location.
Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage and 401k. Ability to travel is a must.
United for Respect is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community. United for Respect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.