Realterm Energy was founded to provide energy efficiency solutions to the municipal market and is the leader in providing a-la-carte and turn-key solutions across North America for upgrading existing lighting infrastructure to LED’s. We create substantial savings, reduce energy consumption, and significantly lower the carbon footprint of municipalities.
Additionally, Realterm Energy has taken a unique approach to delivering smart city solutions to small and mid-sized municipalities including our Municipal Social Platform, advanced IOT mapping platform powered by Luciad, and our powerful app that facilitates two-way communication between citizens and their local governments. The MyTown solution comprising these three key platforms brings the latest in smart city technology to small and mid-sized municipalities and makes these cutting-edge solutions extremely affordable.
ABOUT THE ROLE
RealTerm Energy is looking for an Marketing Manager to join our client-focused, high-performing team. This position is completely remote and requires a sustainable home office. The Marketing Manager will report to the Sr. Director of Sales & Marketing.
Our ideal candidate is able to analyze and estimate the demand for our services and products and can introduce and execute a plan to enhance the interest in those services and products. The marketing role is very sales focused in that we are looking for practical marketing plans that can make an immediate impact to our sales cycle. This is both a strategic and tactical role, and the person responsible for marketing is an effective individual contributor. More specific responsibilities include:
- Manage all marketing ideas and activities within the company’s marketing functionMonitor and analyze marketing trends
- Plan, coordinate and execute promotional displays for various events, including conferences, lunch and learns, guest speaker events, etc.
- Study competitors’ products and services
- Explore ways of improving existing products and services, and increase profitability
- Identify target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them
- Present findings and suggestions to company’s senior managers
- Develop and organize unique marketing events that make people talk
- Lead the evolution of RTE’s Digital Marketing initiatives, including RTE’s social media strategy, website strategy, public relations strategy, etc.
- Maintain Realterm Energy’s website and social media platforms
- Lead the design and development of innovative and high-quality marketing materials and tools for each stage of the business process, including newsletters, white papers, fact sheets, brochures, proposals, presentations, project case studies, photography, videos, etc.
- Source and manage day-to-day relationships with external consultants, designers, etc.
- Prepare and manage marketing plans and budgets
- Ensure synergy of Marketing plans with the company’s sales operations
- Organize integrated online/offline, search engine marketing, social media, public relations, tradeshows and other campaigns to generate demand & sales leads
- Develop and coordinate news articles and press releases
- Other tasks as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Post-secondary/University degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Experience in a marketing leadership role, specifically B2B and B2G
- Experience conducting marketing research externally and internally with key stakeholders
- Working knowledge of marketing communications methodologies including online marketing, SEO and related technologies
- Strong writing and editing skills. Must be able to learn about our technical solutions from internal experts and effectively create marketing content that is compelling and clear to our customers
- Strong planning, coordination and project management skills
- Ability to manage an extensive range of priorities while remaining focused on the broader picture (including internal and external influencers/stakeholders)
- Ability to make tough decisions in positive times and times of adversity
- Strong influencing skills enabling leadership without authority to drive company Marketing strategy forward
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Digital Marketing background is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is considered an asset.