Technical Support Agent
Job Purpose: ESET Technical Support Agents provide technical product support to all ESET Home Support customers, partners, resellers, and internal personnel.
- Maintain the highest level of quality by resolving issues with the correct info in a timely manner.
- Strive to resolve customer issues with one call resolution.
- Work closely with other team members to make sure we provide extremely high levels of service to our customers.
- Meet and exceed bi-annual goals set forth by Customer Care Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer and address all incoming support calls from customers; both internal and external.
- Answer and address incoming web chats, emails and voicemails from customers.
- Take ownership of each issue assigned and effectively bring it to resolution or escalation.
- Own and follow through on all requests for support from customers; both internal and external.
- Ensure complete resolution of issue(s) in order to prevent customers having to call back.
- Assist customers with basic program setup and administrative issues.
- Effectively troubleshoot, resolve and properly document support calls and cases.
- Work closely with other departments to resolve outstanding issues.
- Assist in documenting solutions for our Knowledgebase for training and information purposes.
- Perform remote analysis and diagnosis of customer issues and recommend and/or implement corrective solutions.
- Assist with identifying, troubleshooting and cleaning of viruses and/or malware within customer's operating environment.
- Provide backup phone/case/voicemail support for Customer Service when necessary.
- Document and present technical support and/or training material to internal customers - i.e. Customer Care, Sales, etc.
- Work closely with the Product Management, Quality Assurance, Research, and Knowledgebase teams to test, investigate, and document all aspects of existing and upcoming products.
- Project a positive attitude and be a mentor for other employees.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required, post high school education preferred.
- A+ certification is required. Additional certifications including Network+, Security+ or Microsoft Desktop Support Engineer/Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications are highly desired.
- 2+ years of technical support experience in the software industry is desired, including but not limited to: malware handling, troubleshooting, and diagnosis experience.