Lead Product Designer
At Vida, we empower individuals to overcome chronic mental and physical health conditions, once and for all. The impact of chronic conditions on healthcare is immense: in the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the $3 trillion healthcare spending, which is at 18% of GDP. 1 in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition, and 1 in 4 struggles with mental health.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers and large providers to enable their employees live their healthiest lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a colleague who is passionate about empowering individuals to achieve their best health, from head to toe.
The ideal teammate is an experienced mobile product designer who thinks about the entirety of user experiences from beginning to end. You care deeply about bringing clarity, delight, and ease of use to the experiences you design, and build for users of every walk of life by keeping digital accessibility standards top of mind.
At Vida, you will design beautiful, functional interfaces and user experiences for our core mobile app, collaborating closely with Product and Engineering to steward your vision from concept to reality. You’re a quick learner who isn’t intimidated by new tools, who can shift from sketching, to wireframing, to visual design, to prototyping with comfort and confidence.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to initiate, lead, and ship projects
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience is high quality
- Largely own the mobile app experience from end to end
- Articulate design decisions in individual and group critiques to designers and non-designers alike
- Collaborate on and contribute to our design system
- Mentor other designers on the team
- Foster a culture of design at Vida
- 6+ years of experience on a product design team, building digital product experiences for mobile or web
- At least 2 years of experience in a mentoring role
- Demonstrable visual design experience
- Demonstrable experience building interactive prototypes
- Experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A portfolio of case studies demonstrating strong advocacy for the user, with examples reflecting excellence in strategic thinking, visual design, and user experience design
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.