Donor Relations Manager - West
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
About The Role
Under the direction of the AVP, Development - Operations, the Donor Relations Manager (DRM) will focus on our middle donor program primarily for members living in the mountain and pacific time zones. The DRM will focus on discovery, determining a cultivation plan and making recommendations on which donors move into moves management. The DRM will manage a portfolio of qualified donors (currently giving at $1,000-$20,000), and understand and apply donor management principles to move relationships through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. They will be responsible for direct solicitations to both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) priorities to meet funding needs. They will involve and engage appropriate partners within RepresentUs’ staff, keeping appropriate stakeholders apprised of interactions, issues, and/or concerns, and address questions as needed.
This is a full-time remote position. Location preference is California and Oregon.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Role focused on discovery, determining cultivation plan and making recommendations on which donors move into moves management plan.
- Pipeline is focused on current donors and warm prospects.
- Responsible for 120-150 visits and 240-300 moves annually.
Skills & Experience
- 6-8 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Experience with database management.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience successfully implementing strategic program goals.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships.
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $1,000 - $20,000.
- Ability to write well and effectively communicate the mission, goals, and needs of an organization to donors, and ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, a health concierge benefit, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
The annual salary range for the Donor Relations Manager position is $58,000 - $75,000 depending on location and experience.
Please apply online atand be sure to attach all requested materials.
No phone calls, please.