Senior Grants Administrator
The Senior Grants Administrator works closely with the Senior Director of Development to conduct and oversee crucial administrative functions for the Corporate/Foundation team. Central to this will be proposal and report development, including grantwriting; tracking schedules for all funding and report submissions; monitoring revenues raised toward goal; and oversight of proposal development and submission. Specific qualifications and responsibilities are as follows:
Requirements, Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree with at least five years’ experience in fundraising, and/or corporate/foundation relations
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience writing proposals, presentations, reports, agreements, and related documents
• Experience in, or familiarity with cancer, healthcare, or social services a plus
• Oversee the tracking of proposal and reporting deadlines using grant tracking database system.
• Work with Senior Director of Development to assign staff to projects (grant proposals, reports, other tasks) as necessary.
• Regularly review revenues raised compared to revenue goals with senior staff in an effort to evaluate ongoing fundraising progress.
• Develop, write, and edit grant proposals/funding requests, reports, and budgets.
• Review and prepare proposal and report packages for formal submission.
• Serve as liaison between program, IT, development, and finance departments to ensure understanding of, and compliance with, all grant restrictions and reconciliation/reporting requirements.
• Prepare detailed internal reports for staff, board, and other constituencies.
• Liaise with corporate/foundation donors as necessary.
• Work with social service staff to ensure that grant requirements are met.
• Research and identify funding opportunities for CancerCare and its programs.
• Other tasks/special projects as necessary.