Wellness Program Coordinator
The Wellness Coordinator provides outreach, culturally sensitive support and care, as well as health and wellness education to newly-arrived immigrants and other vulnerable members of our community (elderly, undocumented, low income), including those with complex needs.
- Respond to IIPC social service enquiries and provide direct service intake, assessment, referral and case management.
- Develop and strengthen network of local resources and other social service and community agencies, cultivating relationships with these service providers to promote collaboration regarding sharing of information & interactive referrals.
- Work closely with newly arrived immigrants to orient them to the US healthcare system – provide education and guidance on variety of health care and insurance programs (eligibility, screening and application process).
- Expand IIPC’s current self-help and support groups, including Grief & Guidance Counseling, Marriage & Relationship Counseling, as well as Substance Abuse programming.
- Implement and coordinate community wellness events and health awareness initiatives
- Promote mental health awareness, suicide awareness and suicide prevention strategy within the Irish community.
- Responsible for overall program evaluation, gathering and maintaining data related to same, as well as preparation of monthly reports demonstrating program successes and challenges and other written briefs as required.
- Work in partnership with other IIPC staff members to support holistic care of clients, eg work with Chaplain and Executive Director to provide case management to hospitalized clients, coordinate with Active Retirement Club Coordinator where appropriate.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, manage program budget, timeline and work plan to ensure positive program outcomes, compliance with grant requirements and continued funding; proactively explore additional sources of program funding
A commitment to the overall mission and values of IIPC
Education background in social services, social sciences or related
Minimum of two years client case management preferable
Knowledge of the Irish Community essential
Highly motivated, an ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
Great organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Survey Monkey
Knowledge and comfort with social media use and promotion activities
Hours are typically Monday – Friday; 10:00am – 6:00pm; flexibility needed for evening and weekend events