Part-time Grant Development Associate (multiple positions available)
Kazanas Development Strategies (KDS) is a consulting firm dedicated to growing healthy, vibrant, and fair communities. We provide fundraising and project management support to non-profit organizations dedicated to service, empowerment, and community-building.
At KDS, our clients’ missions inspire our best work. KDS helps non-profits navigate the complex public and private funding landscape. We match their needs with grant funders' priorities, equipping them with resources that improve quality of life for the communities they serve.
Our team of professionals work with clients to establish a streamlined proposal development process that produces high-quality and competitive proposals. We are in an exciting growth phase and are looking for experienced grants professionals to work with our expanding non-profit client base.
KDS's Grant Development Associates are the heart of the firm. They are the day-to-day point of contact with each client, performing grant writing, project management, and client management functions essential to clients success.
KDS is hiring for positions with varying available hours. All positions are part-time, remote (even when we’re not in the middle of a pandemic), and have flexible work hours.
While we are always looking for generalists, KDS is also specifically seeking candidates with experience in healthcare settings.
Key job functions include:
- Maintain an annual grant development calendar for clients;
- Manage all aspects of the grant proposal development process including: requests for information, attending bidder's workshops; proposal planning and strategy, drafting narratives, editing, reviewing client-prepared grant budgets and other financial information, timely submission, follow-up with funders, and providing guidance to clients on contract management requirements.
- Meet monthly with clients to set future work goals and provide weekly updates on work progress.
- At least 3 years of experience in non-profit fundraising, program development, or marketing.
- Ability to work from home and be responsive to client needs.
- Comfort with Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Adobe, Dropbox, and Google Suite.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and an ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrable history of successful grant applications to private and/or public funders.
- Experience with development of Federal and State-level grant applications.
- Comfortable with database platforms such as Grant Hub, Raiser’s Edge, eTapestry, Salesforce, et al.
To apply, please submit:
- Resume (no more than 2 pages)
- A cover letter that includes:
-Your required hourly rate.
-A list of up to 5 grants that you have secured, including the name of the source, amount of the grant, and a description of your role in its development.
- 1-2 successful grant applications referenced in your cover letter. You may redact any identifying information to protect confidentiality.
- 2 to 3 professional references.