HR Special Projects Associate - National
Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful, happy and confident readers in school and in life. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service. Learn more about us at.
The High Level
The Special Projects Associate’s (SPA) main role is to assist the HR team with operational and administrative duties. This role is versatile, dynamic, and provides great insight into the many operational aspects of HR.
What you’ll do
HR Team Support
- Provide administrative and capacity building support to a small and mighty team supporting over 150 staff nationwide
- Support with various audits, projects, and other duties as needed
How you’ll do it:
Relationship Development & Communication:
- Cultivate strong internal relationships with team members. Be able to utilize strong systems for communication and messaging. Employ excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to remain positive and goal-oriented in the face of competition for time and resources.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively manage time, balance multiple competing priorities at once, and remain adaptable, flexible, and positive while navigating challenges. Anticipate challenges and/or questions, and proactively act to address them. Show an ability to make sound decisions.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are interested in a role in the HR field, particularly in the nonprofit space
- Possess a strong work ethic with a positive, can do attitude
- Strong time and project management skills as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Have excellent computer skills, including MS Office and the Google suite
- Can prove eligibility to work in the U.S. legally
- Boast a deep belief in our mission
- Root your work in our core values