Technical Editor for Event Content
- 3+ years of experience editing technical content
- A degree in English, technical communication, or a related field
- Copyediting and proofreading experience
- Project management skills, including experience juggling multiple projects at once, setting schedules, and prioritizing work
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an accomplished technical editor to edit high-quality content deliverables that the AWS Third-Party Events team publishes and distributes at industry events such as National Retail Federation, HIMSS, and Mobile World Congress.
In this role, you have the unique opportunity to be a part of the AWS event program, which supports a wide variety of event content. You will work to ensure that editorial best practices and content standards are upheld for public-facing event materials, such as PowerPoint presentations, titles and abstracts, and booth assets. You will work closely with the team’s other technical editors, AWS subject matter experts, and content managers as well as with stakeholders on the larger Global Events team who are responsible for planning and executing on events. When not editing content produced by the AWS Third-Party Events team, you will assist with editing content for other AWS event programs, such as re:Invent and summits.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience editing content for technical audiences and the ability to drive consistency and unity across content deliverables. You will understand customers’ needs and be expected to act as a customer advocate. You will have experience editing in a corporate environment and with juggling the needs of internal and external stakeholders as well as style and branding guidelines. Finally, you will have solid project management experience, strong attention to detail, the ability to learn new tools and processes quickly, and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
- Copyedit technical conference materials, including PowerPoint presentations, booth assets, etc.
- Ensure correct and consistent use of AWS style, branding, service/product naming conventions, and legal and messaging requirements
- Collaborate with other technical editors, content managers, speakers, and content creators
- Manage all aspects of the editorial process on individual editing assignments
- Proficient grammar and rewriting skills
- A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering high-quality results
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional global organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience editing technical content
- Experience editing marketing content
- Experience editing in PowerPoint
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation and creativity in problem solving
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principle requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role