Remote Graphic Design and Social Media Intern
Remote Paid Intern - Graphic Design and Social Media
Magnolia Pictures and Magnet Releasing is looking for one Remote intern to join its Marketing and Publicity team!
As an intern with the Los Angeles office of Magnolia Pictures & Magnet Releasing, you will be working directly under the Social Media & Publicity Coordinator completing various graphic design, video editing, social media and publicity tasks. You will also be learning about social media marketing strategies, interactive advertising, online publicity and how to run a major national publicity campaign. Throughout the internship, you will have the opportunity to work directly on our upcoming titles as well as our extensive list of archive films.
This is a full time, paid, remote internship that will teach a comprehensive understanding of the indie distribution world. No answering phones, making copies or fetching coffee. We do that for ourselves. We want you to enjoy your time here and learn! Candidates must be available to work 5 days a week.
Job duties will also include:
- Learning how to craft copy, create memes and select engaging media that maximizes user engagement on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Supporting the VP of Publicity & Head of Interactive Marketing with research and other basic duties.
- Helping to coordinate press days with members of the national media
- Must be skilled in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator with a strong understanding of text/image design concepts
- Must be skilled with video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects)
- Must have a good handle on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram platforms
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of organization and excellent communication skills
Remote Work Requirements:
- Must live one of the following states: New York, California, Texas
- Access to high speed internet connection
- Working web cam and phone
- Access to a device capable of running Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, assorted social networks
- Access and familiarity with Zoom and Google Meet
About MAGNOLIA PICTURES:
Boasting a library of over 500 titles, Magnolia Pictures is the theatrical and home entertainment distribution arm of the Wagner/Cuban Companies, a vertically-integrated group of media properties co-owned by Todd Wagner and Mark Cuban that also includes the Landmark Theatres chain and AXS TV. Recent releases include Raoul Peck and James Baldwin's Oscar-nominated I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO; LUCKY, John Carroll Lynch's directorial debut starring iconic character actor Harry Dean Stanton; 2017 Cannes Palme d'Or winner and Oscar-nominated THE SQUARE, Ruben Östlund's darkly humorous drama set against the backdrop of the international art world; Best Foreign Language Film Golden Globe winner IN THE FADE, Fatih Akin's riveting revenge drama starring Cannes Best Actress Award winner Diane Kruger; RBG, award-winning filmmakers Betsy West and Julie Cohen's documentary about the consequential life and legal legacy of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg; and THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ANDRE, Kate Novack's chronicle of the life and career of fashion icon Andre Leon Talley. Upcoming releases include SKATE KITCHEN, Crystal Moselle's dreamy and exuberant portrait of a suburban teenager whose life changes dramatically when she befriends a group of female skateboarders in New York; SUPPORT THE GIRLS, Andrew Bujalski's highly-anticipated new film starring Regina Hall; BAD REPUTATION, chronicling the life and career of rock icon Joan Jett; and 2018 Cannes Palme d'Or winner SHOPLIFTERS, from renowned Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-Eda.
Please send your email, cover letter and a portfolio of work demonstrating why you are a good fit for this job.Show moreShow less