Labware LOAMS Administrator (REMOTE)
Location: REMOTE (Preferred locations: Suwanee, GA, Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, or Hawthorne, CA)
The LOAMS Administrator is responsible for the advanced administration of the LOAMS platform and advanced support for key clients. This position interacts directly with the clients / end-users of the LOAMS and Labcheck programs on regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction. The position is also responsible for working with management on projects related to on-going development of the LOAMS platform. (LOAM- Lube, Oil Analysis Management System)
- Serve as an interface for Castrol Labcheck customers for advanced program support requirements and development
- Interface with BP / Castrol Department personnel (Corp., Engineering, Field Sales, WD’s)
- Castrol Clients
- Service existing customers by providing advanced technical support for the LOAMS and Labcheck user interface platforms.
- Participate in meetings / calls related to LOAMS development and critical issues
- Maintain list of bugs / feature enhancements for LOAMS with Developers
- Provide support to Customer Service personnel for advanced LOAMS issues as needed
- Provide database management support for all clients
- Including Equipment Uploads & Equipment Clean-Ups
- SQL Updates of Client Records
- Maintenance of Oil Type & Makes / Models databases
- Work on client projects related to LOAMS / Labcheck user interface
- Provide web-based training sessions on basic and advanced features of the user interface platforms
- Provide demos of the user interface to potential customers
- Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries from customers relating to LOAMS and Labcheck
- Collect and document customer feedback on new features or enhancements
- Troubleshoot and coordinate with LIMS Administrator(s) on issues related to the LIMS and user interface
- Interact with LOAMS Developers
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills / Qualifications:
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook skills.
- Strong and effective verbal and writing communications with all kinds of people.
- Ability to multi-task, and complete all tasks.
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Sound understanding of oil analysis and lubrication fundamentals.
- Good team player and should meet or exceed team goals.
- Build excellent working relationship with program personnel and customers.
- Collaborate and work effectively as a team member.
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Plan decisions and practice good judgment.
- Effectively communicate and make best use of interpersonal skills.