Head of/Director Customer Support
TSG is looking for an experienced Head of Customer Support to help run and scale the department.
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Fitness Division. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
TSG is looking for an experienced Head of Customer Support to play a key strategic and operational leadership role. Reporting to the COO, you’ll lead a team of 24 colleagues that are driven to build and deliver a first-in-class experience for our clients in both B2B and B2C environments.
Location: Washington D.C. or Remote
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead the Customer Support Team including:
- Ensuring the customer support team delivers successfully against the KPIs and objectives.
- As a member of the Operations Leadership team, keep colleagues informed of key business and operational initiatives that will improve the overall customer experience while delivering on key metrics.
- Developing an organizational structure that scales, is cost efficient, and maintains a high standard of excellence when providing exceptional support to our clients.
- Increasing our ability to scale the support teams by identifying and incorporating automation
- Decreasing first response and overall resolution times for our global client base
- Creating a results-oriented culture where team members set, own and achieve weekly and monthly performance commitments.
- Ensuring direct reports and team members are well-trained on all aspects of their job responsibilities (product knowledge, internal tools, management, processes, etc) and are empowered in their decision making.
- Fostering an environment that expects and supports creativity, continuous improvement, collaboration, professional development, and a strong work/life balance.
- Work with product and engineering teams to build scalable solutions that increase NPS while decreasing operational costs.
- Partner with the Account Management and Onboarding teams to drive programs that enhance customer satisfaction and product adoption.
Experience / Education
- BA or BS with 8+ years work experience
- 6+ years of management experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Professional Services, or related disciplines for a global B2B tech, SaaS or enterprise software business.
- Customer facing experience with large, enterprise customers and international accounts.
- 3+ years of experience working on Intercom preferred, or proven technical understanding of managing large amounts of customer data via APIs on a customer support platform.
- Experience establishing and growing relationships with all key stakeholders in the organization; influential individuals, managers, S-level, and C-suite across Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering.
- Experience working with boutique fitness studios, gyms, physical therapists, and/or personal trainers preferred.
Work Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Strong leadership, business development, and communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills.
- Efficient and effective problem solver who “acts like an owner” and has a proven track-record for critical decision-making.
- Passionate and thoughtful leader who will ruthlessly advocate for the customer experience.
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable plans.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in both people and leadership skills.
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.Show moreShow less