Clinical Account Manager - EP Lab (Electrophysiology)
Title: Clinical Account Manager - EP Lab (Electrophysiology)
Locations: NYC, NY/ Cleveland, OH/ Boston, MA/ Chicago, IL/ Kansas City, MO (Remote)
The Clinical Account Manager (CAM) maintains an in-depth knowledge of technical and clinical electrophysiology products and has a successful track record supporting complex ablation procedures and increasing product adoption. The Clinical Account Manager role is an integral part of the field clinical and sales group reporting to the Vice President of Clinical Affairs. This position will focus on customer identification, account installation/coordination, device support, data collection, and product training in targeted accounts. Following the system installation, the Clinical Account Manager is responsible to train the physician and hospital staff to ensure a seamless technology integration. The role, depending on the assigned geography, could require up to 75% travel.
The CAM is accountable to provide technical and clinical product support to healthcare providers. This position is expected to achieve key clinical and sales support objectives by executing the company's strategies and tactics. The CAM is also responsible for ethically building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships in targeted accounts. The end goal is strong commercialization and increased adoption of the company’s novel real-time signal processing platform in the United States supported by compelling clinical data. The CAM will collaborate and partner with Sales, R&D, Marketing and other CAMs to ensure alignment and coordination of activities to meet business objectives. Under the general direction of the VP of Clinical Affairs and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate procedures and guidelines, this position will:
• Provides expert clinical product and technical assistance/support and training to physicians and EP Lab Staff on the effective use of the company’s novel real-time signal processing platform during clinical procedures within an assigned geography, and in a manner that leads to meeting and exceeding clinical research and business goals.
• Develops relationships with physicians and strategically important customers to drive product usage in line with corporate objectives at customer sites and serves as primary point of contact for stakeholders in the assigned regions.
• As required, partners with physician investigators and other Clinical Account Managers to support the clinical research strategy to include collaboration with research coordinators and proper data collection to adhere to written protocols and Good Clinical Practices.
• Accurately assesses customer needs, opportunities, and potential barriers at accounts where their novel real-time signal processing platorm is being introduced and establishes an integration plan that leads to business growth and sales goal attainment.
• Reports field observations and/or customer feedback and complaints associated with the company’s products and services.
• Attend and support key industry meetings as instructed and requested by sales and marketing leaders
• Functions with professional autonomy, with little instruction on general day-to-day activities. Responds with urgency to daily requests by email and voicemail from external and internal customers and partners.
• Drives collaboration and maintains consistent, open lines of communication across the assigned responsibilities with the commercial and development team, as well as the support team and other internal and external partners.
• Develops and shares best practices with other commercial stakeholders and internal partners.
• Develops and grows mutually beneficial customer relationships within and beyond the EP lab, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses and technicians, clinical and hospital administrators and staff.
• Stays current on company products instructions for use (IFU), best practices, and technical troubleshooting, as well as relevant scientific clinical literature and new product information.
• Maintains composure and problem-solving focus during stressful interactions. Formulates solutions based on dialogue and input gained during session. Provide mentoring for new sales team members as requested.
• Follows all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety, and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition. Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Performs other duties assigned as needed.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3 years of relevant professional work experience in the EP/Cath lab with professional certification.
• Experience in the EP environment to understand/present/teach detailed technical and clinical information to all levels of customers including HCPs and KOLs.
• Required to have comprehensive EP experience including:
- Understand of mechanism of basic and complex arrhythmias
- Thorough understanding of ECG and intracardiac eletrogram interpretation and ability to quickly identify electrograms of interest
- Solid working understanding of different ablation systems, mapping systems, recording systems and display systems as well as other equipment found in the EP lab
- Solid understanding of EP lab equipment interface and connections/communications (i.e..generator, recording system, all mapping systems, and display systems)
• Ability to influence without authority and work with cross-functional teams in the development and delivery of brand strategic imperatives.
• Must be skilled at managing a significant workload and obtaining positive results, taking on additional responsibilities, and managing priorities as needed.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate, punctual reports/information, as required and thoroughly share information with others.
• Exceptional listening skills with the ability to seek constructive feedback, build relationships, promote teamwork and remain flexible and open-minded. Able to adapt quickly to change.
• Track record of achieving business results over time including sustained business growth.
• Track record for driving necessary strategic change to meet changing business needs.
• Ability to travel related to this role is required. Must be able and willing to travel up to 75% overnight locally, regionally and nationally sometimes on short notice.
• May be required to lift up to 60 lbs.
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Engineering.
• International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) in Electrophysiology Certification is desired.
• Background in clinical research, data management, and data analysis.
• Experience mentoring and/or training new hires to monitor or map in the EP lab.
Thanks!Show moreShow less